Font Awesome Manager

Font Awesome Manager 1.2.7

No permission to download
If this free webservice is blocking Xenforo , they must have a reason for it. Not cool to try getting around this by adjusting the user agent.
Instead, you could talk to them and ask what they need to continue providing this service to the xenforo community.

If this free webservice is blocking Xenforo , they must have a reason for it. Not cool to try getting around this by adjusting the user agent.
Instead, you could talk to them and ask what they need to continue providing this service to the xenforo community.
The operators of the website probably simply forgot to mention that the service is only offered free of charge as long as nobody actually uses it. ;)

But seriously, the service was used really heavily during the beta phase and certainly afterwards, because the tool showed from the very beginning that it was very useful.
After the beta phase, we no longer used the service here because it was already clear to us that the operator could draw the line at some point due to the high number of users.
Nevertheless, even without the service, the tool is very easy to use and very useful

So this add-on doesn't work correctly anymore ?
The add-on still works with pyftsubset just as perfectly as ever.

I will try but I have no illusions, I asked at the time if it was possible to install elastic search and I was told that I had to go to a dedicated server.

I will try but I have no illusions, I asked at the time if it was possible to install elastic search and I was told that I had to go to a dedicated server.
Those are quite different things I believe. Because ES needs RAM and a shared hosting service might not spend their memory for that. And it needs to be supported for cases when it doesn't work/start/run. But that python package is basically one-time install and doesn't spend any resources.

Also, I believe MattW offers shared hosting with ES. Maybe try that.

Answer from the host…
It is not possible to install 'pyftsubset' on your Simple Hosting instance; it is not a shared hosting strictly speaking, but rather a functional container including services installed and configured for the web, which is dedicated to you. Thus, there is no Python interpreter on a PHP/MySQL instance.

I don’t recommend it for the reasons already highlighted but the user agent change (or the aforementioned add-on) - used responsibly and sparingly - seems like a valid workaround.

I don’t recommend it for the reasons already highlighted but the user agent change (or the aforementioned add-on) - used responsibly and sparingly - seems like a valid workaround.
Another option that might work for quite a few users on shared/managed hosts (it doesn't need Python installed on the host): A single file binary of pyftsubset linked against an older libc.

I could provide such a binary and instructions for using this, but currently attachment size limits here prevent this (the file is slightly > 10 MB).
Maybe XenForo could raise the limits just a little bit?

Last edited:
Top Bottom