41.6 KB · Views: 36
  • fe92c574-9c91-467a-ba4c-5a479192f65c.webp
    fe92c574-9c91-467a-ba4c-5a479192f65c.webp
    33.9 KB · Views: 35
  • Screenshot_4.webp
    Screenshot_4.webp
    11.5 KB · Views: 36
That is one option.

The other option would be to read the FAQ, find out why icons are missing and adjust the configuration accordingly :)
So far I haven't seen a single case that couldn't be fixed (by proper configuration).
I wouldn't expect it to disable the default Xenforo icons right away. Makes no sense at all to me 👍

I wouldn't expect it to disable the default Xenforo icons right away. Makes no sense at all to me 👍
Yes, makes no sense - hence it does not do that.

With a proper setup and a style that does not diverge too much from the default style, the default settings and style properties of FAM should work just fine.
If this is not the case (for example if the style does differ a lot from the default style, CDN/caching is not configured correctly, etc.) it might be necessary to adjust the configuration.

As said before, it's your decision if you want to configure the necessary things or not :)

when i am trying to put value "/usr/bin/pyftsubset" in pyftsubset & save it. pyftsubset value is getting changed to "/bin/pyftsubset" want to know what's the issue. @Kirby

Last edited:
Theoretically: Yes, they are not technically required for the Add-on to work correctly.

Practically: No, this would cause file health check errors.

Why would you want to remove them?

Theoretically: Yes, they are not technically required for the Add-on to work correctly.

Practically: No, this would cause file health check errors.

Why would you want to remove them?

File health check errors was the concern. Including them is ok I suppose but if they serve an information purpose for me and no one else ;)

File health check errors was the concern.
I am not sure if I understand your intention - you want to remove those textfiles to avoid file health check errors?

That doesn't make much sense to me, there shouldn't be any errors (unless the files are damaged/not updated correctly).

What is the impact of a customised font_awesome_setup template?
I've edited mine so that the .woff2 files are loaded from CDN via style asset location. For example ...

Screen Shot 2021-11-10 at 09.47.51.webp

What is the impact of a customised font_awesome_setup template?
It most certainly won't work.

Loading critical resources like fonts from a different domain often results in suboptimal performance due to TLS negotiation, YMMV.

I'd just take a backup of the modified template, revert it and test.

Why? Or are you just guessing?
I didn't test this specifically, so my answer was an assumption as there are template modifications for font_awesome_setup that would fail.

Incorrect, the CDN is my own subdomain where images also come from.
Not incorrect. I said that it is often the case, I didn't say it would always be the case ;)

Is this for netraider.net.au?
If so it seems to me that my statement still does apply - cdn.netraider.net.au does require a second TLS negotiation; it can't reuse the main connection as it seems to be a completely different IP.

I'd either run everything off a CDN, not use a CDN at all or use a CDN only for non blocking resources like images.
Using a CDN for blocking resources (like fonts or preamble.min.js) IMHO just slows things down.

But as said before, every site is different - test what works best for you.

It also seems like you just modified the preload, the real font files do get loaded by fa.css from netraider.net.au so the modified preload is completely useless and effectively causes a second set of font files to be preloaded but never get used :)

Last edited:
I didn't test this specifically, so my answer was an assumption as there are template modifications for font_awesome_setup that would fail.
Yeah, I can test/guess. But I was asking if anyone had awareness of the impact or failure, and what the modifications were.

Not incorrect.
We'll agree to disagree. Your focus on TLS negotiation bringing latency, when it's a single connection event that occurs anyway, doesn't mean latency in every session request. You often get much bigger/impactful latency from network traversal when loading content from an origin server than a much closer CDN edge cache.

Yeah, I can test/guess. But I was asking if anyone had awareness of the impact or failure, and what the modifications were.
You can see the modifications in ACP.

There are three possible scenarios:
  1. You've directly applied your modifications to template font_awesome_Setup
  2. You've modified template font_awesome_Setup with a template modification that has an execution order of 1
  3. You've modified template font_awesome_Setup with a template modification that has an execution order larger than 1
In case 1) two of the three template modifications used by FAM would fail and your modifications would stay active, causing unused files to be preloaded while the required files would not be preloaded, that would waste traffic (just like it is right now).

In case 2) it depends on the Add-on ID of the Add-on your modification belongs to - if that is considered smaller than the Add-on ID of FAM
by MsQL it would be executed before the modification of FAM causing the same efffect as 1)
If it is considered larger it would be executed after the modification of FAM and fail, causing the nesessary file(s) to be preloaded from styles/fonts and not your CDN.

In case 3) your modifivcation would be executed after the modification of FAM and fail, causing the nesessary file(s) to be preloaded from styles/fonts and not your CDN.
We'll agree to disagree.
Yup.

I gained 80kb on 560kb but how to reduce more?
I am sorry, but I don't know what you are talking about.

Please read the FAQ on ""How can the Add-on be configured?" and "What are the recommended settings?"

If you can't figure it out yourself please follow the steps outlined in "I've tried everything, but icons are still missing. How can I get help?"

Top Bottom