Font Awesome Manager

Font Awesome Manager 1.2.7

No permission to download
Relating to https://xenforo.com/community/threads/d-c-style-thread-icon.206913/post-1580412

The Add-on is incompatible with FAM and there is basically nothing that really could be done to make it compatible:

It does allow users to choose any FA icon for a thread which means that all FA icons must be available for the chooser as well as all icons there are currently in use for any thread must be avialable (at leasst on all pages where those thread icons are being displayed).

While it would be theoretically possible to monitor icon usage and update subsets accordingly, this IMHO doesn't make much sense - over time you would end up with a pretty large subset (of icons that are used seldom).

So for now the only options are:
  1. Do not use Font Awsome Manager
  2. Do not use D.C Style - Thread Icon
  3. Disable option Load subsets only
    This will significantly increase CSS size (as it causes all icon definitions to be included), but should only load full Font Awesome font files (additionally to the subset files!) if they are required, e.g if the current page does use icons that are not included in the subset.
In a future version of Font Awesome Manager it might be possible to optimize this a bit further so the full icon definitions are only loaded on pages that do make use of icons not included in the subset.

But that would also require a slight change to the other Add-on so it does use standard templater function fontAwesome to generate the HTML (instead of doing its own magic to achieve basically the same thing).
Thanks @Kirby for the detailed explanation.
From what I understand, there's a chance that we can integrate these two add-ons. We can load full icons only on the pages that users might want to open the icon selector box (thread edit, thread view when visitor has thread edit permission, etc.).

About the icons displayed in the thread title, I think we can store them somewhere and add them into the subsets. For this part, I haven't had any ideas.

I'd love to hear back from you.

Bug when deleting XFRM category:

Code:
ErrorException: [E_USER_WARNING] Accessed unknown getter 'decription' on XFRM:Category[45] in src\XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity.php at line 202
XF::handlePhpError()
trigger_error() in src\XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity.php at line 202
XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->get() in src\XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity.php at line 112
XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->__get() in src\addons\Kirby\FontAwesomeManager\Listener.php at line 367
Kirby\FontAwesomeManager\Listener::Kirby\FontAwesomeManager\{closure}() in src\XF\Extension.php at line 52
XF\Extension->fire() in src\XF.php at line 966
XF::fire() in src\XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity.php at line 1659
XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->delete() in src\XF\ControllerPlugin\AbstractCategoryTree.php at line 58
XF\ControllerPlugin\AbstractCategoryTree->actionDelete() in src\addons\XFRM\Admin\Controller\Category.php at line 147
XFRM\Admin\Controller\Category->actionDelete() in src\XF\Mvc\Dispatcher.php at line 352
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass() in src\XF\Mvc\Dispatcher.php at line 259
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch() in src\XF\Mvc\Dispatcher.php at line 115
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop() in src\XF\Mvc\Dispatcher.php at line 57
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run() in src\XF\App.php at line 2352
XF\App->run() in src\XF.php at line 524
XF::runApp() in admin.php at line 13

description spelt incorrectly.

Code:
ErrorException: [E_WARNING] array_flip(): Can only flip STRING and INTEGER values!
src/addons/Kirby/FontAwesomeManager/Pub/Controller/FontAwesome.php:87
Should be fixed in upcoming version 1.2.3

Bug when deleting XFRM category:
Amazing, this typo has been there for well over a year without anybody noticing it :D
Thanks for reporting this, an update will be released soon.

circle-check is valid (https://fontawesome.com/icons/circle-check?s=solid) but the addon say it is not:
The message is correct, an icon named circle-check does not exist (in FA5 which is used by XenForo):
1656709763034.png

But you can use check-circle which has the same codepoint.

Last edited:
@Kirby Getting Server error log with this update.

Code:
ErrorException: [E_WARNING] Undefined variable $name src/addons/Kirby/FontAwesomeManager/Pub/Controller/FontAwesome.php:97

Generated by: Unknown account Jul 2, 2022 at 3:52 PM

Stack trace

#0 src/addons/Kirby/FontAwesomeManager/Pub/Controller/FontAwesome.php(97): XF::handlePhpError(2, '[E_WARNING] Und...', '/home/nadda/pub...', 97)
#1 src/addons/Kirby/FontAwesomeManager/Pub/Controller/FontAwesome.php(37): Kirby\FontAwesomeManager\Pub\Controller\FontAwesome->processInput(Array, Object(Kirby\FontAwesomeManager\Helper))
#2 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(352): Kirby\FontAwesomeManager\Pub\Controller\FontAwesome->actionMissingIcons(Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#3 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(259): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass('Kirby\\FontAweso...', 'MissingIcons', Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(Kirby\FontAwesomeManager\Pub\Controller\FontAwesome), NULL)
#4 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(115): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(Kirby\FontAwesomeManager\Pub\Controller\FontAwesome), NULL)
#5 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(57): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch))
#6 src/XF/App.php(2352): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#7 src/XF.php(524): XF\App->run()
#8 index.php(20): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#9 {main}

Request state

array(4) {
  ["url"] => string(24) "/kirby-fam/missing-icons"
  ["referrer"] => string(82) "/janveera-posted-by-golpolikhi.78646/page-2"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(5) {
    ["solidicons"] => array(1) {
      ["codepoints"] => array(1) {
        [0] => string(4) "00a0"
      }
    }
    ["_xfRequestUri"] => string(60) "/threads/janveera-posted-by-golpolikhi.78646/page-2"
    ["_xfWithData"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
    ["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
  }
}

hello, is this addon compatible with additional styles and do i need to delete certain styles containin fa fonts?
For example if i use UIX 2 do i need to do something else after installing addon?
Thanks

Is this Add-on compatible with Add-on X?
I don't know. Most likely it is compatible but depending on what the Add-on does specific configuration might be required.

Is this Add-on compatible with Style X?
I don't know. Most likely it is compatible but depending on what the Style does specific configuration might be required.
Especially if styles are (additionally) using icon fonts other than Font Awesome 5 Pro it might be a bit problematic and require further configuration.

ThemeHouse UI.X
This Style (Framework) does (optionally) use Material Design icons, it does this by "piggybacking" on Font Awesome CSS definitions.
This does cause problems in detecting used icons and you must add the following templates to the list of ignored templates:
  • uix_materialVars_solid.less
  • uix_materialVars_outline.less
  • uix_material_outline.less
  • uix_material_solid.less
If UI.X is configured to use Font Awesome icons it is currently necessary to revert template fa.css, future versions of Font Awesome Manager might add specific support to avoid this.

If UI.X is configured to use Material Design icons it is not necessary to revert this template.

I am sorry. im not tech savy. What does that mean?
A template can be either
  • Unmodified
  • Modified in a parent style
  • Modified
as can be seen in the following screenshot:
1657223989246.png

Font Awesome Manager does require temple fa.css to be unmodified in all styles.
If this is not the case in a style (like shown in the screenshot) the template must be reverted, eg. reset to the original - this can be achived by clicking the recycle bin icon.

Warning
Don't do that if you don't know exactly what you are doing! If you are unsure if the modifications made to that template are required ask the author of the style first.
In case of UI.X the template must be reverted if UI.X is configured to use Font Awesome icons - if must not be reverted if UI.X is configured to use Material Design icons.

Last edited:
if i use UIX 2 do i need to do something else after installing addon?

Font Awesome Manager does require temple fa.css to be unmodified in all styles.
If this is not the case in a style (like shown in the screenshot) the template must be reverted, eg. reset to the original - this can be achived by clicking the recycle bin icon.

Warning
Don't do that if you don't know exactly what you are doing! If you are unsure if the modifications made to that template are required ask the author of the style first.
In case of UI.X the template must be revered if UI.X is configured to use Font Awesome icons - if must not be reverted if UI.X is configured to use Material Design icons.

I totally missed this part when I first installed FAM, but I don't think I'm having issues though... :unsure:

I'm using Theme House styles which are based on UI.X 2 (iO and iO Dark) and I set my child styles to use Font Awesome, while parent styles are left to default, so it's set to Material Design.

What am I supposed to see if the fa.css files wasn't reverted as per instructions above? I mean, how can I check if everything is working as expected?

This is from my child iO:

1657227671836.webp

Top Bottom