CTA Featured Threads & Portal

CTA Featured Threads & Portal [Paid] 2.17.0

No permission to buy (£40.00)
Sorry for being lazy and if this is a repeat question, but 22 pages of posts can take a long time to read. ;)

Can a resource thread be promoted as a featured thread?

Screenshot_18.webp

Coming right along, easy enough to match up to the original design if you had one (simply adding Page after most items.. hah. )

Going to be really interesting seeing the different things I can come up with for the custom sidebar as well. That was very thought out, and a great idea to include.

Is there a way to make the "featured threads" look the same at forum site like "featured resources" (ie. 2 featured next to each other), so all featured looks similar ?

For anyone who is using Widget Framework, if you want to have the WF widgets on the Featured Threads page, just add cta_featuredthreads_featured to the position in each of your WF widgets. You can then switch off the Featured Thread blocks (Options > CTA Featured Threads and Appearance > Style Properties > CTA Featured Threads Page) to save on some database queries. :)

Is there a way to make the "featured threads" look the same at forum site like "featured resources" (ie. 2 featured next to each other), so all featured looks similar ?
On the dedicated page?

You could probably style the <li> using width and float.
I haven't tried it though.

On the dedicated page?

You could probably style the <li> using width and float.
I haven't tried it though.
No, the featured at normal forum sites above threads. Maybe I will try (when I have bought). I think the featured resources look really cool.

Only one featured thread is displayed on the other pages (fixed in code) so unfortunately you can't do that.

Thanks Sheldon, I forgot to mention that in the update.

I'm not sure why it's not taking in UI.X but unfortunately there's no other find code I can use as it needs to be placed after the Watched Threads link.
Your replace expects (or doesn't expect) the quotes around the link. UI.X has it opposite.

Your replace expects (or doesn't expect) the quotes around the link. UI.X has it opposite.

I'm confused....

These are direct copy/paste from UI.X (on the top) and Brogans search (on the bottom) posted into notepad.

g8qg.webp

What part is different? Other than the formatting? Specifically, the </xen:if>

Sorry! How to place a Featured Threads directly under the bread crumbs? Now I have a block of statistics addon and just under it - Featured Threads. Thanks!

I think I have found a problem....I am using [bd] widget framework......
so I disabled all the options to put member list into "featured thread" page etc.....here is a screen shot of my framework options:

1.webp

so can anyone explain this on the "featured thread page"?

3.webp

thanks in advance

oh and everything at the moment is set to forum_list

Sorry! How to place a Featured Threads directly under the bread crumbs? Now I have a block of statistics addon and just under it - Featured Threads. Thanks!
I don't know which other add-on you are using, but if it uses the template modification function, you will need to change the execution order to make this one higher than the other.

Top Bottom