CTA Featured Threads & Portal

CTA Featured Threads & Portal [Paid] 2.17.0

No permission to buy (£40.00)
I guess that shows that sometimes you must step out on the ledge and purchase with hopes of the add-on continually growing. When I do that, I usually check into the author, see what else has been done by them, etc. In this case, this was a member who was creating this for his own site and wanting to get the full potential out of the add-on. A supporter of xF.

I weighed the options and went with my gut.

When I bought my two copies, I was happy with how it was, as it was. The new features are just additions which have enhanced the add-on, and moved it up into that "must-have" category.

I guess that shows that sometimes you must step out on the ledge and purchase with hopes of the add-on continually growing. When I do that, I usually check into the author, see what else has been done by them, etc. In this case, this was a member who was creating this for his own site and wanting to get the full potential out of the add-on. A supporter of xF.

I weighed the options and went with my gut.

When I bought my two copies, I was happy with how it was, as it was. The new features are just additions which have enhanced the add-on, and moved it up into that "must-have" category.
Me too(y)

Thanks guys.

I appreciate the price may seem a little steep to some, but considering the amount of time which has gone into it (making it well below the legal minimum wage) and comparing with other paid add-ons, I felt it was a reasonable price point.

Only time will tell I suppose whether it is too high or not.

You increased it to 20 GBP?
Paul originally intended this to be a simple add-on to help teach him to code PHP/learn how to create XenForo add-ons, this add-on has been extensively developed and Paul is actively adding features the community have asked for, thus increasing his time spent on it, etc.

Definitely worth the £20.00.

I am new to this forum stuff and this was the first add-on I purchased.
I thought "featured threads" was great the way it was and would help me highlight some of the great info our members are posting! (and Paul had helped me out a couple of times with questions about Xenforo)
and if the original one was £20 i still would not have hesitated afterall you get any upgrades for free and £20 is four pints of lager where Paul and I live......SO.....buy Paul a few pints for his great effort!

and with that out of the way.......

when is 1.4 going to be released!!!!!!

:)

I just thought of an amazing idea. Add the ability to view the featured thread in an overview, like the quick navigation. Only include the first post, none of the replies.

Put a search icon (or another icon), somewhere on the block...

I just thought of an amazing idea. Add the ability to view the featured thread in an overview, like the quick navigation. Only include the first post, none of the replies.

Put a search icon (or another icon), somewhere on the block...

That would lead to people being less likely to reply IMO. If they can read it from the overlay, they would then have to enter another area to post a reply. Instead of it opening on the thread, and them reading then having the ability to reply.

That would lead to people being less likely to reply IMO. If they can read it from the overlay, they would then have to enter another area to post a reply. Instead of it opening on the thread, and them reading then having the ability to reply.

Or include the whole thread...

Brogan updated Featured Threads with a new update entry:

Featured Threads just got better - now with a dedicated page

Here it is!

The long awaited 1.4 release which adds a dedicated page which can be used as a pseudo portal/home page.

View attachment 65155

There are a significant number of updates in this release so please read these release notes carefully.

Note: Change the index page route to threads/featured/ if you want the Featured Threads page to be your home page. Be aware that if you prevent any groups (e.g. Unregistered) from viewing Featured Threads then they will receive the standard...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Does this still strip out any images? (I had a quick scan of the Updates but didn't spot anything mentioning it).

If so, do you have any plans to add them in the future?

Edit: Oh and this is definitely worth £20 :)

Top Bottom