CTA Featured Threads & Portal

CTA Featured Threads & Portal [Paid] 2.17.0

No permission to buy (£40.00)
I'm fairly sure if you cache all the results, you could filter them out from the result set before you display them. I would have to see how you are implementing permissions (unless it is just view featured threads that you are talking about).

Also, I misread the suggestion. :unsure::oops:

I think in the sidebar, a smaller avatar could be used, allowing the content to flow around it, providing a smaller foot print, but overall, it looks good in the sidebar. (y)

Yeah, there would have to be some CSS changes... but for the most part, you can make it look really good I think. Very useful with [bd] Widget Framework actually.

---And a note, all I did was assign it to the sidebar, I made no changes from the above blocks seen.

Agreed.
The small avatar would look better at that width, or possibly even remove it altogether as it does at the small responsive width.

Very useful with [bd] Widget Framework actually.

---And a note, all I did was assign it to the sidebar, I made no changes from the above blocks seen.
Thanks for that @Sheldon - I don't use that add-on so it saves me the effort of checking it works.

Who'd have thunk it - my add-on works out of the box with other stuff :D

You didn't actually style it in the sidebar? O.o Impressive that it works as well as it does. :D

Here are a few looks without the avatar....

side4.webp

side1.webp side2.webp side3.webp side5.webp

Really quickly. As you can see, I didn't get into depth with the color matching part.

Hm, I'm not actually sure how I like the look without the avatar, but it does blend in quite nicely. (y)

Brogan
Is there any setting for caching time so that using on homepage won't affect site performance? So if we select 24 hours, the dedicated featured page will only update every 24 hours.

Every widget will be cached. If you have featured threads widget, it will be cached automatically by WF.

Oh go on then...

upload_2014-1-7_13-50-8.webp

In addition to being able to individually set the avatar, "Featured Thread" text and "Read More..." for the blocks and page, I figured why not do it properly.

So now there are individual SPs for the blocks which appear on the forum list, forum view and now the new posts page (@Martok ;)), as well as for the dedicated page itself.

There are so many I have had to split them into three groups.

upload_2014-1-7_13-52-0.webp

upload_2014-1-7_13-52-43.webp

Style Properties- CTA Featured Threads Page - Admin CP - CTA Dev 2014-01-07 13-54-38.webp

What that will enable you to do is have completely independently styled blocks on the page, should you want to show more text, in a different format, layout, etc. while still keeping the blocks on the forum list/view small and compact.

Top work!

Thanks for adding the New Posts page! :D Will you be adding the Recent Posts page too at some point?

The number of Style Properties is just staggering! It's great that you've given so much control to the end user so they can get Featured Threads looking just the way they want. (y)

I look forward to you making this available to us soon. :)

Exactly what I just did

View attachment 64196

Thanks Paul and Sheldon :)
Is there anything I can do to improve on UI.X? In the Beta, we added retina friendly icons, but I have a fall back for developers that use their own icons and such or the old XenForo icons, so it should be just fine. But if I can make it easier/better will do.

@Audentio, check your PMs - I've just sent a copy to you should you want to install and have a mess around and see how it works with UI.X

Looks exactly what i was looking for!

Any chance to integrate this with a store frontend, able to be bought by a user with real money or coins?

You could use account upgrades to add those who purchase to a new user group which has the permission to feature their own threads.

A quick test and look for use in the sidebar. Again, just a test.

View attachment 64307
Is there anyway to show it on sidebar ([bd] Widget Framework) without having to enable the "Forum List Featured Threads" and "Forum View Featured Threads" options. I prefer to show featured threads on sidebar (and only sidebar) instead as some users may find it obstructive seeing the same featured threads on the top of forum list every time they visit.

Top Bottom