CTA Featured Threads & Portal

CTA Featured Threads & Portal [Paid] 2.17.0

No permission to buy (£40.00)
Am I right in reading the context and determining that this is a separate "Featured Thread" page instead of the top of the forum_list? Are you creating some sort of portal?
Correct.

It is a dedicated page, listing all of the currently featured threads (with pagination if over the page limit), with the URL being, for example: http://cliptheapex.com/threads/featured
The title, breadcrumbs, sidebar and all elements can be enabled or disabled as required.

And yes, it can be used as a portal if desired.
Hence my response here: http://xenforo.com/community/threads/featured-threads-paid.64261/page-15#post-693883

Are you using UI.X?

I think Chris said there were some issues with that with all of the thread icons.

I have a copy of UI.X.

Let me install it and see if I can see what the issue is.

@MattW I see you have the FA eye being used for an icon... that might be what is causing the issue.

Depending on how Brogan hooked into the code, if changed it won't recognize it.

Hmm, I wonder what it is then.

I'll install it and see if it works out of the box.

Hmm, I wonder what it is then.

I'll install it and see if it works out of the box.

I think it is how you hooked the "Featured" part in with the rest of the icons... the code. If he changed the code for use with FA, your modification will not find it anymore and result in it not being applied.

@MattW I see you have the FA eye being used for an icon... that might be what is causing the issue.

Depending on how Brogan hooked into the code, if changed it won't recognize it.
Good point. I'll have a look and see how it's inserted into the template.

For Matt's FA stuff to work, he will have to edit that template edit (as opposed to the original template).

OK, I can cut it down to this for the find:
Code:
                    </xen:hook>
                </xen:contentcheck>
                </div>
            </xen:if>

Which should hopefully resolve any issues.

It's because I've changed the template to this:

Code:
<xen:if is="{$thread.thread_is_watched} OR {$thread.forum_is_watched}"><span class="icon-eye-open icon-fixed-width" title="{xen:phrase watched}"></span></xen:if>

I'll update the TM for this add-on to look for my edit with Font Awsome added in.

(y)

@MattW, can you try changing the template edit find code to what I posted above?

If that works I'll make that change for 1.4.

Then it should work for everyone out of the box.

It occurred to me that people may want different layouts for the block on the forum view/list pages and the dedicated page.

For example, you may want the forum list block to look like this:
upload_2014-1-5_22-52-19.webp

Yet you may want the page blocks to have a "cleaner" look, especially if you plan to use it as a home/portal page, like so:
upload_2014-1-5_22-53-16.webp

Fortunately there are now separate style properties for the avatar, "Featured Thread" text and "Read More..." link for both :)
SPs.webp

Top Bottom