CTA Featured Threads & Portal

CTA Featured Threads & Portal [Paid] 2.17.0

No permission to buy (£40.00)
Brogan updated Featured Threads with a new update entry:

Fixed a bug with the session activity

This update fixes a minor bug with the session activity, which meant the default thread session activity was being overwritten.

In addition, the [Featured] badge on the forum view now links to the Featured Threads page, if enabled.

View attachment 65236

Bugs Fixed
Session activity bug related to viewing threads fixed.

New Features, Functionality & Changes
[Featured] badge on the forum view now links to the Featured Threads page, if enabled.

New Style...

Read the rest of this update entry...

I hope the fix will be released soon, because now I've noticed all my online members and guests are viewing featured threads.
I have just emailed the latest version to all license holders.

Regrettably I sent one of the emails using the To field, rather than BCC, so please accept my apologies those of you affected.

I have just emailed the latest version to all license holders.

Regrettably I sent one of the emails using the To field, rather than BCC, so please accept my apologies those of you affected.
Thank you very much for quick response and fix.

And yes, I've noticed the To field :) No problem.

Totally my fault, I can only apologise again.

I send the updates in batches and added that group of emails to the wrong field by mistake.

This thread is flooded with feature requests, not sure if I should make one, but I will try anyway :)?

Basically be able to change the avatar of the OP of the featured thread would be great (like the resource manager here on XF).

Last edited:
I think it was DRE who first suggested that; I'm not sure yet if I want to go down that route.
A similar suggestion relating to the image in the first post has already been made.

I presume you meant this view?
View attachment 65235

It wasn't exactly one line of code ;) but it has been added for the next release.

Nice one @Brogan , 1.4.1 installed and working like a charm! I hope "you" thought it was worth the effort!!!
it just seemed to me that I always wanted to click it (before 1.4 I wanted to click it so it gave me a list, like "thread prefixes do"),
and after 1.4 I thought it could be another link to the "featured page"......

either way (y)

To be fair it was relatively simple to add, I just had to edit the template, edit the css and create a new Style Property.

So not one line of code but not exactly difficult.

I doubt I will personally use it but it doesn't hurt to have the extra usability.

@Sheldon and anyone else having issues with the navigation template modification taking, would you mind replacing the find code with this and see if it works out of the box?
Code:
/{xen:phrase watched_threads}<\/a><\/li>(.*?)<\/xen:if>/is

You will also need to change the Search Type to Regular expression.

upload_2014-1-20_23-10-9.webp

If this works then I will change it to that for the next release to avoid any issues.

Another slight change for the next release.

For those of you who have XMG installed, the block will also show on the new media page.
To prevent that from happening, edit the cta_featuredthreads_find_new_wrapper template and replace the first line which is this:
HTML:
<xen:if is="{$canViewFeaturedThreads} AND {$featuredThread}">

With this:
HTML:
<xen:if is="{$canViewFeaturedThreads} AND {$featuredThread} AND {$selectedTab} == 'posts'">

You can see it in operation here:
http://xenmediagallery.com/find-new/media
http://xenmediagallery.com/find-new/posts

Brogan updated Featured Threads with a new update entry:

Minor updates and a bug fix

This is a very minor release but it does fix a bug related to redirected threads and Xenporta.

New Features, Functionality & Changes
  • The find type and code for the navigation template modification has been changed to regex to make it more accurate
  • The Featured Threads block will now only show on the new / recent posts pages when the [New Posts] tab is selected if, for example, you have other add-ons which add more tabs to the page

Bugs Fixed

Read the rest of this update entry...

Thanks @Magic :)

There is only one code, one template and one template modification changed so it's a very minor update.
It could actually have waited until 1.5 as the bug has only ever happened on one site.
However, I don't want to inconvenience my customers so to avoid anyone else's site being affected I would rather push it out now.

Hey Brogan nice progress on this add-on :), things really nice (y)

Slight suggestion, on the list of featured threads if you have a lot of threads it would be nice to simply remove thread on that page. Something maybe when you hover?

close.webp

Top Bottom