CTA Featured Threads & Portal

CTA Featured Threads & Portal [Paid] 2.17.0

No permission to buy (£40.00)
Is there a way to make it visible only on the main page? Currently I see that it's visible at the thread list as well.

Is there a way to make it visible only on the main page? Currently I see that it's visible at the thread list as well.
ACP > Options CTA Featured Threads
Enable/disable showing Featured Threads on the forum list, thread list, recent/new posts page and the dedicated Featured Threads page.

Thanks @Russ

The problem with removing threads from the page is it then doesn't show the full list of threads, which is the point of it.

It sounds like you almost want each member to be able to personalise it?

Thanks @Russ

The problem with removing threads from the page is it then doesn't show the full list of threads, which is the point of it.

It sounds like you almost want each member to be able to personalise it?

I must of misunderstood the page(I haven't played with this plugin in awhile) I thought it was a list of literally all the featured threads. So... I figured if you had like 15 showing on there it might be a useful feature.

I was thinking it more of an easy way to maintain all the featured threads in one spot(specifically for an admin or whoever has that permission).

That's exactly what it is Russ, a list of all currently featured threads.

Do you mean the X to actually unfeature them?
If so, a previous suggestion regarding making those options available from the block itself, rather than just the thread, has already been made and is on the suggestion list.

Essentially it would just take the form of inline moderation if I add it.

Sorry for not reading 25 pages, but I have one more suggestion after playing with it for a while.
When choosing for how many days/weeks/etc a thread would be featured, is it possible to put a calendar instead of just plugging the # of days/weeks? and choosing time would be also a great feature.

Thanks @Brogan, awesome work with this one.

It's currently using the standard overlay form controls - the same as are used when redirecting a thread.

My preference is to make the overlay appearance and function identical to core XenForo.

It's currently using the standard overlay form controls - the same as are used when redirecting a thread.

My preference is to make the overlay appearance and function identical to core XenForo.
Got you. If you would like to do it in the future, maybe something like this in an overlay

Over.webp

I do not see a need for a calendar.

It would be cool if the person whose thread was featured received a notification, optionally.

I'll add it to the (ever increasing :D) list for consideration :)
I'm thinking the ability for threads to be (auto)featured based on the OP in the thread receiving xx number of likes. Within CP you would define what the xx number of likes is, how long it would feature for, and whether it would feature only in it's forum or across the entire forum

That's not something I would really be interested in.
The whole point of manually featuring is to be able to have editorial control.

There is little point in auto-featuring a thread if it just has an embedded video in the first post - it would just be blank.

Do people really want to scroll down pages with more than 20?

I can increase it no problem but figured that was a decent cap.

If that gets consideration (more than 20), I am hoping it is an option....

If some sites go on a "Feature" fest, you could have a HUGE scroll amount.

It's currently an option @Sheldon, it's just capped to a maximum of 20.

In my testing that seemed a reasonable amount and I actually set it to 10 per page as the default.

I don't think having it unlimited is a good idea as there will always be someone who will feature 1,000 threads and then post that their page isn't loading...

Top Bottom