CTA Featured Threads & Portal

CTA Featured Threads & Portal [Paid] 2.17.0

No permission to buy (£40.00)
I understand that it should be forum_list, cta_featuredthreads_featured.....

the thing is the share this page is DISABLED so how can it show up in featured thread?.....its not enabled and there is no mention of cta_featuredthreads_featured anywhere?

@Lee123456789 you haven't followed the instructions in my post. I know you haven't as I can see from the screenshot in your post that you haven't added cta_featuredthreads_featured to your widgets. If you had, you would see this:

wf_list.webp

In addition, you also need to switch off the Featured Threads blocks as per my post.

@Martok I did an uninstall and a reinstall.......added the framework as per your instruction.....then found a check box in "cta styles" that said something like "share".....I bet I did not tick it off!!!!!!! doh!

all is well now....thanks for your help!

Lee

dont panic lads.......it was me.......I was probably rushing to install this great add on for my community!!!! ooooppppssss

(y)@Martok (y)@Brogan (y)@Sheldon

@Brogan on a side note... you know the little [featured] logo on the right in forum view.....I think that should be "clickable" and send the user to the new"featured threads" page!...I bet that would take one line of code!

hehehehehehehheeee

just a thought!

When someone is viewing featured threads page I can see this on membercard or online users section. But if someone is viewing a specified featured thread I can only see that he's viewing featured threads, but not which thread specifically. I would like to have it like XF does for other threads in membercard or online section - to see what threads members are browsing.

Please add the ability to add own image or fetch first image from first thread instead of the avatar, especially since many people will be using this as their frontpage/portal now.

Morning all,
is it possible to the replace the word 'sticky' in the code below to 'featured thread'?
or is there another handler?......like 'featured'?

Code:
 $conditions = array(
    'sticky' => true,
    'node_id' => $nodeIds
);

thanks in advance

Last edited:
When someone is viewing featured threads page I can see this on membercard or online users section. But if someone is viewing a specified featured thread I can only see that he's viewing featured threads, but not which thread specifically.
This was actually a bug which meant the session activity for all threads was being overwritten.
It has been fixed for the next release (thanks Chris).

So viewing the Featured Threads page will show: Viewing Featured Threads, A moment ago

Viewing a thread (featured or otherwise) will show: Viewing thread Test Thread, A moment ago

This was actually a bug which meant the session activity for all threads was being overwritten.
It has been fixed for the next release (thanks Chris).

So viewing the Featured Threads page will show: Viewing Featured Threads, A moment ago

Viewing a thread (featured or otherwise) will show: Viewing thread Test Thread, A moment ago
I hope the fix will be released soon, because now I've noticed all my online members and guests are viewing featured threads.

Thanks in advance for all the hard work.

Top Bottom