FAQ Manager by Iversia

FAQ Manager by Iversia 3.2.0

No permission to download
Hello,

I couldn't get the navigation to show the drop-down. I've kept the option setting to '0' to show all the categories; but the menu drop-down only shows 'Quick Links' but does not list the categories below it.

@Russ That kind of looks like the installer may have not been run, or missed adding a few fields. Are you still experiencing this issue? I'm a little behind in support due to a crazy June.

@Виталий Please make sure that you have uploaded all of the files into their correct locations.

@TheBigK I actually just noticed this on one of my sites as well. The categories themselves are cached, so I believe that the cache may just not be being updated/flushed whenever that particular setting is being changed. Unfortunately it isn't an easy fix for the end user, so it's a fix that I'll make sure is added in the next release.

I switched to SEO friendly links and can no longer add questions to the FAQ.
When I click 'Add Question' and input something and submit it, it acts like it accepts it, but the question doesn't show up in any of the available categories.

Edit:

Err, apparently I was using permissions from another user (testing permissions), forgot to switch it off.

Apologies, ignore me. ;)

Last edited:
Hi.
I have an issue with this add-on. When I click any question, contents of the question does not appear. I only can see the contents when I open it in new tab.

Hi.
I have an issue with this add-on. When I click any question, contents of the question does not appear. I only can see the contents when I open it in new tab.
Please make sure that you've uploaded this addon-on's javascript file to the appropriate folder.

@ThyPhon Could you link your forum? It could be another add-on conflicting, or even accidentally including two instances of the JavaScript.

Got a fix?
Confirmed, thanks for reporting! Looks like there's an issue with canonical URLs (as category pagination is working fine). I think I may have the time to address it tomorrow. In the meantime until a fix is released, you can change the FAQ layout to "Question Columns" in order to ensure that all questions are still easily accessible.

Last edited:
@ThyPhon Could you like your forum? It could be another add-on conflicting, or even accidentally including two instances of the JavaScript.

Confirmed, thanks for reporting! Looks like there's an issue with canonical URLs (as category pagination is working fine). I think I may have the time to address it tomorrow. In the meantime until a fix is released, you can change the FAQ layout to "Question Columns" in order to ensure that all questions are still easily accessible.
Thanks for the workaround. Looking forward to the fix.

I tried to disable all another add-on step by step. But, nothing is changed.
Sorry mate, I meant: could you please link your forum (or PM me the link)? I can't really diagnose what is wrong with the information that you've given me.

Quick question @Iversia is there any way of getting the categories as a normal sidebar block(right side), sorry if it's been asked.

@Russ Not at this moment, no. As a workaround, you could potentially hide the current sidebar with CSS and re-create a category sidebar block on the right side with the Widget framework.

Top Bottom