FAQ Manager by Iversia

FAQ Manager by Iversia 3.2.0

No permission to download
Iversia updated [Iversia] FAQ Manager with a new update entry:

[Fix + Features] Select from different FAQ index layouts

There are now three different FAQ layouts that you may choose from! With the potential for more to follow. :)

Additionally, if you happen to like the work that I do, please consider supporting my Patreon. Ever little dollar helps, and will likewise help me dedicate more time to my add-ons (both supporting the old and creating the new). It'd be super appreciated.
  • [NEW] Index page layouts: Jump Links, Question Columns
  • [NEW] Forced...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Thanks for the update :)
Is it possible to have jump links per category as well and not just for the entire FAQ?
An easy way to remove the statistics and latest questions/Most Popular Questions at the side?
Maybe a different layout suggestions as well?
http://support.apple.com/kb/ht5622
If questions are pretty long, and each one breaks a line, it looks nasty.
Keep up the good work! (and sorry for my many requests)

@TheBigK Make sure that you've uploaded all of the files. It sounds like you may have missed a few.

@Moshe1010 Welcome! Nope, I'm not adding independent category views at this time. I've already spent far too much on this add-on. Most of everything else you're asking can already be accomplished by someone who is well-versed in CSS. For example, to get rid of the sidebar add

Code:
#faqSidebar {display: none}

to your EXTRA.css file.

@Russ Nope, nothing wrong. The cron that caches the questions for use in BBcode just likely hasn't fired yet.

Sweet, should of looked in the FAQ on the FAQ plugin eh? :D.

Just a lazy suggestion, but I think it would be neat to have an option like this:

Screenshot_3.webp

The "Copy Shortcode" and when you click it it could copy the [faq=1][/faq] type thing, just a random idea but nice job with the plugin :), I'll keep playing around and see if there's any other questions.

Not sure what's going on here, but... My Registered Users have the permission set to 'Allow' for 'Ask new questions', and my admins and mods are all Allowed to 'Manage FAQ Content' and 'Manage FAQ Categories'. However, whenever a user submits a new question, neither myself or any other approved staff member receive a notification in the mod bar, nor is there any way to check for submitted questions.

Any assistance with this would be greatly appreciated.

Any assistance with this would be greatly appreciated.
To approve and answer submitted questions, the moderator must be a "Super Moderator" as the FAQ Manager is built on top of the existing moderation queue. Only questions that have been submitted via the 'Ask' page will appear in the moderation queue.

This plugin throws 500 errors whenever I include certain (quite valid) links within the answer text :(

It has also blown up in the past when using other bbcode tags, although I can't recall at the moment what they were (although I'm fairly sure the parsehtml plugin tag does cause problems)

This plugin throws 500 errors whenever I include certain (quite valid) links within the answer text :(

It has also blown up in the past when using other bbcode tags, although I can't recall at the moment what they were (although I'm fairly sure the parsehtml plugin tag does cause problems)
This plugin only uses XenForo's default XenForo_BbCode_Parser in order to parse answers, so it's quite likely an issue with another one of your add-ons, or BbCode media tags.

This plugin only uses XenForo's default XenForo_BbCode_Parser in order to parse answers, so it's quite likely an issue with another one of your add-ons, or BbCode media tags.
That does seem logical, although I don't understand why the exact same text doesn't cause problems anywhere else on the forums. I can literally copy and paste it into a resource description, forum post, etc. It only happens on the FAQ answers.

Any advice, tips, or outright guesses on how to diagnose the source of the problem would be quite welcome.

Any advice, tips, or outright guesses on how to diagnose the source of the problem would be quite welcome.
I'm not even quite sure where to begin without knowing the exact error logs. It could even be an over zealous mod_security module that is causing the 500 errors. My best advice would be to contact your hosting provider and/or look at the more detailed logs on your server.

There are no errors logged on the hosting provider or in XenForo, unfortunately. Thanks anyways, I guess I'll just have to try to repro with a clean install and install plugins one by one until something breaks :-)

The right-hand sidebar has the CSS id "#faqSidebar" so you should be able to remove it that way. The left-hand sidebar navigation could also be removed in a similar manner, but it's really dependent on the layout that you're using.

Hey @Iversia recently went to install this again on our site. When I first installed it it was disabled by default(couldn't find any options was bugging me!).

Then when I enabled it, I saw the options and tried going to /faq/ only to get this error:

Code:
Server Error
Undefined index: attach_count

[LIST=1]
[*]XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in Iversia/FAQ/Model/Question.php at line 219
[*]Iversia_FAQ_Model_Question->getAndMergeAttachmentsIntoQuestion() in Iversia/FAQ/ControllerPublic/FAQ.php at line 60
[*]Iversia_FAQ_ControllerPublic_FAQ->actionIndex() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 347
[*]XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
[*]XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/*******/public_html/index.php at line 13
[/LIST]

Any ideas?

Top Bottom