FAQ Manager by Iversia

FAQ Manager by Iversia 3.2.0

No permission to download
I'm probably being an idiot, but I'm having issues installing it (I do this every time I go to install a mod - I do it so infrequently I forget how lol).

I've uploaded the files of the upload folder into my root and then I go into the admin cp, link up to the xml file and then I direct the server bit to the installer.php file that is within the "FAQ" file. It says the files associated with it cannot be found after I press submit. Am I directing the "install from file on server" wrong?

Nevermind; just realised I needed to put the iversia folders within the upload folders into the library and the js files already in my installation, rather than dumping it all in the library XD Thanks anyway! And awesome mod!

Last edited:
I just found that after editing an answer, I get this

Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, xxxxx@xxxxxxxx.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

The edit however does take place and after dismissing that notice all is fine.

Might this be a file permissions issue?

Last edited:
The edit however does take place and after dismissing that notice all is fine.

Might this be a file permissions issue?
Could you check your server log files? I can't really do any sort of guessing with something as generic as an Internal Server Error message. It more likely has to do with your server setup than this add-on.

Hey @Iversia

Any plans to add the ability to upload an image per FAQ? This would top this plugin off for me :D
Yep! It's actually the last thing that I really want to do to this add-on before I consider it "complete." However, I likely won't be adding it until XenForo 1.3 comes out.

Yep! It's actually the last thing that I really want to do to this add-on before I consider it "complete." However, I likely won't be adding it until XenForo 1.3 comes out.

Nice to hear that! :). How about the ability to tag users like this @Iversia ? I just tried that with 2.2.1 and it didn't seem to work.

Nice to hear that! :). How about the ability to tag users like this @Iversia ? I just tried that with 2.2.1 and it didn't seem to work.
No, that's not something that I have planned. Maybe if the Resource Manager ever ends up supporting user tagging, I'll think about working it in.

Also, since I know that this will be asked soon: no, the current version of the FAQ Manager will not work in XenForo 1.3. 1.3 has introduced some breaking changes in regards to the way that BB code works. The next version that I'm releasing will be for XenForo 1.3 only and will not be backwards compatible.

No, that's not something that I have planned. Maybe if the Resource Manager ever ends up supporting user tagging, I'll think about working it in.

Also, since I know that this will be asked soon: no, the current version of the FAQ Manager will not work in XenForo 1.3. 1.3 has introduced some breaking changes in regards to the way that BB code works. The next version that I'm releasing will be for XenForo 1.3 only and will not be backwards compatible.

Thanks for reply - that all makes sense. Keep up the great work - we love the FAQ!

Iversia updated [Iversia] FAQ Manager with a new update entry:

[Compatibility Change] XenForo 1.3

Only upgrade if you are running XenForo 1.3.
  • [CHANGE] XenForo 1.3 Beta 3 or higher now required
  • [NEW] Upload attachments to your FAQ entries
  • [NEW] Users may ask questions which then get added to the moderation queue in order to be answered. When a question gets answered, the user will receive an alert.
  • [NEW] Category descriptions and page descriptions

Read the rest of this update entry...

Thanks for the update :)
Probably a major feature/redesign request, but consider this layout:
https://help.studentdoctor.net/home
Shiny! :) There might be some alternate FAQ index page layouts in the future. Since I have all of the core features that I want right now, I can afford to get a little more creative and add a bit of polish here and there. I certainly can't promise something exactly like that (as I'm trying to keep to the default XenForo look and feel), but perhaps something similar.

I also just realized that you can only upload attachments when editing FAQ entries only. I'll let people upload them when they're creating a new FAQ entry as well in my next maintenance release.

Hi @Iversia,
great add, thanks for your work. (y)

I've updated to last version, i've xf 1.3 running and granted permitions to questions and upload file with questions.
I''ve tested and i don't have upload file button with question.
I dont have a alert to respond a question or access to a question.
There is not a permition defined to who can respond to a question.

Thanks

Hi @Iversia,
great add, thanks for your work. (y)

I've updated to last version, i've xf 1.3 running and granted permitions to questions and upload file with questions.
I''ve tested and i don't have upload file button with question.
I dont have a alert to respond a question or access to a question.
There is not a permition defined to who can respond to a question.

Thanks
  • The upload attachment button only appears when you're editing a FAQ entry at the moment. It'll be added to the create page in the next maintenance release.
  • When a user has the permission "Ask new questions" they are allowed to submit questions. These questions then show up in the regular moderation queue. Moderators who have existing moderating permissions will be able to answer these user-submitted questions.
  • Only questions that are submitted via the new Ask page will show up in the moderation queue.

• The upload attachment button only appears when you're editing a FAQ entry at the moment. It'll be added to the create page in the next maintenance release.
  • When a user has the permission "Ask new questions" they are allowed to submit questions. These questions then show up in the regular moderation queue. Moderators who have existing moderating permissions will be able to answer these user-submitted questions.
  • Only questions that are submitted via the new Ask page will show up in the moderation queue.

I only have admin permissions :D

Thanks

nice addon

but its miss some thing

when i go for example to category 1 or 2
and click add faq

its give me a choice to choose which category i want to add my faq
i hope u make it automatically know which category iam in and add the new faq to it

and sorry to bother u ^_^

thanks again for ur hard work

Top Bottom