External Accounts Extended

External Accounts Extended 2018-03-02

No permission to download
Hi i use Artys Soft Responsive as u can see on my Website: AllAround.cc.

Yey - i fixed it - at least for now ^^

PS: LOL
i bought your addon a 2nd time because i didn't recognized that it wasn't like other paid addons and u get an email with the zip ... i clicked on update in my back-end and it said u didn't bought it click on buy and i did (again) CD

PPS: if u want u can keep it :D As a donation to encourage u interation Steam so i can drop the other addon (less addons is better anyway)

Last edited:
Hi i use Artys Soft Responsive as u can see on my Website: AllAround.cc.

Yey - i fixed it - at least for now ^^

PS: LOL
i bought your addon a 2nd time because i didn't recognized that it wasn't like other paid addons and u get an email with the zip ... i clicked on update in my back-end and it said u didn't bought it click on buy and i did (again) CD

PPS: if u want u can keep it :D As a donation to encourage u interation Steam so i can drop the other addon (less addons is better anyway)
If you need me to check the template modifications I can do that but I'm glad you found a solution.

With Steam I will look into adding it, but currently the addon was build only for OAUTH2.0 so I'll see if I can make it work or just do an OpenID process.

Its working so im happy :D
but thanks anyway

if u can integrate it it would be very cool :D

is it a big diffrence between OAuth and OpenID ?

Does this add-on have instructions somewhere for how to connect this to instagram? Or any of the others, for that matter. I ordered a few minutes ago, and can't find any instructions in the zip file.

Does this add-on have instructions somewhere for how to connect this to instagram? Or any of the others, for that matter. I ordered a few minutes ago, and can't find any instructions in the zip file.
Go to the option Instagram in the admincp options page, and click the register link, and you can follow the registration process there.
There is also a general debugging FAQ listed here: https://xenforo.com/community/resources/external-accounts-extended.2877/field?field=faq

I used that process for Linked-In and Tumblr and it was easy enough. But with Instagram it first gave me an error -- then I check to see how to resolve it and it wants some kind of confabulated process including a video demonstration of the application in order to get it approved out of the sandbox. But I can't even test within the sandbox, because I add a sandbox test user and the user ever gets notification (and therefore that user id can't approve being a sandbox user).

Has anyone here successfully added Instagram who knows how to avoid all that sandbox crap, and get it up and running?

I used that process for Linked-In and Tumblr and it was easy enough. But with Instagram it first gave me an error -- then I check to see how to resolve it and it wants some kind of confabulated process including a video demonstration of the application in order to get it approved out of the sandbox. But I can't even test within the sandbox, because I add a sandbox test user and the user ever gets notification (and therefore that user id can't approve being a sandbox user).

Has anyone here successfully added Instagram who knows how to avoid all that sandbox crap, and get it up and running?
All you have to do is create a client and just ignore the sandbox :)

It is working just fine on my website, so it's only a configuration issue.

EDIT: Their approval process may have changed, so I'm not sure about that.

When I tried it created it and I have to apply for it to be approved out of the sandbox. As part of that I select the type of app, and when I selected the type appropriate for a forum, it wants as part of the process a link to a video demonstrating (via the sandbox) how the data will be used on the site. Then you await approval.

So far, Live, Linkedin and Tumblr were straight-forward. I might try again from scratch with Instagram, but I'm pretty sure I tried to follow their steps the same way I did with the others... and end up with something that doesn't work :( I'll let you guys know one way or another!

When I tried it created it and I have to apply for it to be approved out of the sandbox. As part of that I select the type of app, and when I selected the type appropriate for a forum, it wants as part of the process a link to a video demonstrating (via the sandbox) how the data will be used on the site. Then you await approval.

So far, Live, Linkedin and Tumblr were straight-forward. I might try again from scratch with Instagram, but I'm pretty sure I tried to follow their steps the same way I did with the others... and end up with something that doesn't work :( I'll let you guys know one way or another!
Yeah I didn't have to go through that :(

No dice. Tried it again from scratch. This is what you get when I put in the client id and client secret, then try to login with Instagram:

{"code": 403, "error_type": "OAuthForbiddenException", "error_message": "You are not a sandbox user of this client"}

Then Instagram where you click to get it out of the sandbox:
"1. Which use case best describes your Instagram integration?
I want to install a third party widget to show Instagram content on my website.
I want to display hashtag content and public content on my website.
I want to display my Instagram posts on my website.
I want to build analytics for my own Instagram account.
My app is still in development and/or is a test app.
My app allows non-business users to login and post comments, likes or follow actions.
My app allows people to login with Instagram and share their own content.
My product helps brands and advertisers understand, manage their audience and media rights.
My product helps broadcasters and publishers discover content, get digital rights to media, and share media with proper attribution.
Other"

I selected "My app allows people to login with Instagram and share their own content."

and it gives me this:

"How does your app use the Instagram API?
Explain in English how your app uses the Instagram API, how it falls into one of the approved use cases, and who will be using your app (brands, advertisers, general public, etc.). For tips on how to write a submission, please read thePermission Review documentation.

API use case
Provide a link to a video screencast showing the experience in your app. Please show how your integration uses all permissions you are requesting, any interface to moderate content or getting rights to media, and any Instagram login experience. Since your app may be in sandbox mode, you can use data from sandbox users to showcase the integration."

@silence I am using a custom version of a UI.X theme and I can't seem to get any of the other services to work. Right now just trying to get Instagram to work will worry about others later. I tried the option in the style properties but it didn't work. What could I be doing wrong?

@silence I am using a custom version of a UI.X theme and I can't seem to get any of the other services to work. Right now just trying to get Instagram to work will worry about others later. I tried the option in the style properties but it didn't work. What could I be doing wrong?
There is a style property you can enable for styling in a UI.X theme. But I'm using UI.X on my site and it's working fine :)

Top Bottom