Expiring User Upgrades

Expiring User Upgrades [Paid] 1.3.8

No permission to buy ($20.00)
  • Thread starter Thread starter Syndol
  • Start date Start date
S

Syndol

Syndol submitted a new resource:

Expiring User Upgrades - Notify your members when their account upgrades are about to expire

About:

This add-on sends out an alert and/or email X days before a user upgrade is about to expire, with an optional second notification once the upgrade has expired.
Purchased non-recurring upgrades also get a 'Extend Upgrade' button so members can renew their upgrades without interruption.
Also, expired upgrades may be viewed as a list.

Please note that this add-on adds one column to the xf_user_upgrade_active table in order to keep track of those who have been notified....

Read more about this resource...

Reactions: Bob
Would it work with Waindingo's user upgrades add-on? I'm just regarding paying him to extend his add-on to add email/notifications alerts....

@Moshe1010 - As far as I can tell two things from this add-on will not work if you have both installed.
The 'Extend Upgrade' button will not show and the updating of the upgrade end date (instead of a full downgrade) for a payment refund/reversal will not work if trials or specific end dates are selected on the other add-on.

@Moshe1010 - As far as I can tell two things from this add-on will not work if you have both installed.
The 'Extend Upgrade' button will not show and the updating of the upgrade end date (instead of a full downgrade) for a payment refund/reversal will not work if trials or specific end dates are selected on the other add-on.
Can you make the "upgrade extension" work throughout multiple upgrade packages?
For example, a user buys upgrade 1, then wants to extend his current upgrade by purchasing upgrade 2, is it possible?
I have an initial upgrade, and then renewal packages are different user upgrades since their cost is different (it's based on the extension's length).

No, my extend button simply allows you to renew an upgrade without having to wait for it to expire first.
This is just a simple add-on.

No, my extend button simply allows you to renew an upgrade without having to wait for it to expire first.
This is just a simple add-on.
So what happens if a user purchased the upgrade for 30 days, but extended it 15 days in for another 30 days. Would that user have 45 days total?

This would really be the bomb if you could add an option to email/alert user upon successful upgrade (ie, "Thanks for upgrading! Here are some of the features you can take advantage of...")

This would really be the bomb if you could add an option to email/alert user upon successful upgrade (ie, "Thanks for upgrading! Here are some of the features you can take advantage of...")
Good idea. Will add it.

Would it work with Waindingo's user upgrades add-on? I'm just regarding paying him to extend his add-on to add email/notifications alerts....
Isn't the functionality already included in our add-on? Why would you want to run them both?

@Syndol just curious, with the added feature email upon user purchase of an upgrade, I run microCart and it sends no emails out for users who purchase products.

It does however take advantage of the user upgrade system and promotes users using the built in XF user group system. Would you off the top of the head if this would work? I know it's a long shot asking but figured I would try :D.

@Russ this is for purchased user upgrades so I don't see how it would work with microCart. Sounds like you will need to extend that add-on to achieve what you want.

@Russ this is for purchased user upgrades so I don't see how it would work with microCart. Sounds like you will need to extend that add-on to achieve what you want.

Ya it was worth a shot, wasn't sure since I'm still using the user upgrades via microcart, thanks for the fast response.

Top Bottom