Expensive $100 + BETA -

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reedswood

Hi

I must say that I wish the devs well here on this new platform, but PLEASE don't make the same greedy messed-up mistake as vB/IB has done, as I've just seen that you're releasing your BETA release shortly, and the price is as expensive as vBulletin, and it's not even GOLD!

You must make it more affordable to the masses otherwise you too won't attract many clients! It's the price that get's considered first, then it's the product. I have every reason to believe that it will be a super platform in time, but don't go asking the earth until you really do get established!

I know money isn't a big issue for you Ryan and I also can see where you're coming from with your analysis however I think time will be the biggest determining factor whether the price point is too high for xF...wouldn't you agree? :)

I know money isn't a big issue for you Ryan and I also can see where you're coming from with your analysis however I think time will be the biggest determining factor whether the price point is too high for xF...wouldn't you agree? :)

Of course. I've said that quite a few times in this thread - but right now, compared to what IPB offers at $150, XF is not comparable at $140. XF is a fine piece of software. IPB is also a fine piece of software. IPB offers a lot more than XF right now and is just $10 more.

Just some random point about the whole vBulletin comparison which has most likely been made already, but I'm too lazy to read every single post. The vBulletin presale price was around $100 as well. A bit more, but vBulletin has been a very well known company anyway. They raised their prices quickly after, much like XenForo will be doing. Also, I think I read somewhere the $140 dollar pricing will be a temporary discount price as well, which would mean the price will increase even more after x amount of time.

Anyway, $100 dollar is fine with me, just wanted to reply to the vBulletin comparison.

Just some random point about the whole vBulletin comparison which has most likely been made already, but I'm too lazy to read every single post. The vBulletin presale price was around $100 as well. A bit more, but vBulletin has been a very well known company anyway. They raised their prices quickly after, much like XenForo will be doing. Also, I think I read somewhere the $140 dollar pricing will be a temporary discount price as well, which would mean the price will increase even more after x amount of time.

Anyway, $100 dollar is fine with me, just wanted to reply to the vBulletin comparison.
No, $140 is the ongoing price, until a time where prices would probably have to be raised.

Given how Jelsoft priced things, and how Ashley was the man behind the fair pricing there as well, its clear things will not be hiked up at the customers expense. 

No, $140 is the ongoing price, until a time where prices would probably have to be raised.

Given how Jelsoft priced things, and how Ashley was the man behind the fair pricing there as well, its clear things will not be hiked up at the customers expense.

The discount after the sale is $140. We are having a short early adopters sale before that and understand that for some this may present a dilemma. It is clear and transparent and reasonable.
:)

I'd love to see the same poll at vBulletin.com forums
Why ? The price of XF has nothing to do with vBulletin.

Sorry but I think you need glasses or live in a dreamworld, where in the world can you get vBulletin for $100???????????????????

Price is IMHO very generous at only @ £50 GBP , I would have expected it to be quite a bit higher to be honest.
Curious - in which dreamworld is $100 equal to £50 :D

At current rates its about £65 - if you can find someone who will do it for virtually no commission, otherwise its getting close to £70, plus the normal price is $140 + $40 per year, which is roughly £90 + £25 per year.

Anyone who thinks its cheap has clearly got too much spare money on their hands, so please send some my way as well. :). You could possibly argue its reasonable, but certainly not cheap. Indeed, over 5 years the average user will have paid $300. ($140 + $40 x 4).

Cheap, I'd agree with Paul and say no. Reasonable - definitely yes, especially when you take into account the 12 months won't start until v1.0 is released.

Was hoping to get in on the discount day but having to shell out $600 for my POSV means that's in doubt now :(.

Why ? The price of XF has nothing to do with vBulletin.

Curious - in which dreamworld is $100 equal to £50 :D

At current rates its about £65 - if you can find someone who will do it for virtually no commission, otherwise its getting close to £70, plus the normal price is $140 + $40 per year, which is roughly £90 + £25 per year.

Anyone who thinks its cheap has clearly got too much spare money on their hands, so please send some my way as well. :). You could possibly argue its reasonable, but certainly not cheap. Indeed, over 5 years the average user will have paid $300. ($140 + $40 x 4).
Better then paying minimum $195 every new major version ;).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom