Other VERY Expensive Addons

Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing you have to remember too is that, lower prices doesn't always mean more sales. At a certain point you will have more customers but the same or less money. Now you have more people to offer support to for no extra money.

There has to be some balance.

James
But there is add-ons out there that have been very expensive and out of the blue the author stops helping with support and updates of the add-on so you have paid out a lot for no support or future updates. I know its a chance you take with any of the add-ons here but kind of annoying also.

One thing you have to remember too is that, lower prices doesn't always mean more sales. At a certain point you will have more customers but the same or less money. Now you have more people to offer support to for no extra money.

There has to be some balance.

James

Exactly, lower price means more customers, but also more support needs to be done. Well, the developer decides what the price is. You can tell the developer that you find the price too high, but if the developer says he find the price is right, one should accept that and move on.

Its like a few days ago there was a FREE add-on here which i suggested a small additional feature that would be good added and i was told that for 35 Euros they could add this "small" addition and 35 Euros is around the same price as £35 which is very very expensive when you could pay for a LARGE add-on for £35

That would be for my posts to send pm mod. 35 euros was my price to include the options that you wanted for you. As I was not planning to release/sell it here. That would have been done exclusively for you only. And 35 euros for that is not expensive at all btw.

It just seems to be that there is a lot of people out to con xenforo members instead of just making a profit from add-ons.

How is conning other members if you are selling paid items or you charge for your time. If you don''t like the price then don''t buy the item. But see if you can find it cheaper elsewhere or learn how to code your own.

But talking about conning, did not I catch you btw using one of my paid mods that you did not buy from me but downloaded it elsewhere?

Lowering prices doesn't always increase sales; sometimes it just reduces income. ;)

The thing is that the OP does as if he has the coders best interest at heart so they can earn more money when in reality is about how to get things cheaper or better yet, for free.

It does not matter how low the prices are, there will always be people that ***** and moan that it is expensive :D

The thing is that the OP does as if he has the coders best interest at heart so they can earn more money when in reality is about how to get things cheaper or better yet, for free.

It does not matter how low the prices are, there will always be people that ***** and moan that it is expensive :D
Not always because some charge great prices, i haven't said "all add-ons" are over priced only some... Most of the ones i have purchased have been fine and i have gone on to ask for more add-ons from them like yourself @borbole & @Daniel Hood there prices have been excellent and not one problem with the quality.

But talking about conning, did not I catch you btw using one of my paid mods that you did not buy from me but downloaded it elsewhere?

No you did not catch me at all, dont try and use backlash comments because i will not stand for it.
Your the one who has now come on here and put yourself in the position of saying yes it was my add-on that i was over charging and contacted me outside of the forum so others didn't see how much you was going to try and con me by... So its you who has now put yourself in that position so dont try and now bring me down because of your behaviour.

Maybe its because i have never normally questioned a price until now that you tried to squeeze a little more out of me via private message (that's not on)
And for your information the add-on in question that you said needed to be paid for did originally come from from XenForo and my admin team did look into that further and found the add-on in question was on here a while ago FREE so i presume it then went from FREE to PAID for because everything on my site is legit...

Funny how twice i have been asked for money for a FREE add-on now isn't it...

Last edited:
No you did not catch me at all, dont try and use backlash comments because i will not stand for it.
Your the one who has now come on here and put yourself in the position of saying yes it was my add-on that i was over charging and contacted me outside of the forum so others didn't see how much you was going to try and con me by... So its you who has now put yourself in that position so dont try and now bring me down because of your behaviour.

What are you talking about? I contacted you in private and told you that my price to add the options that you wanted in my free mod would be 35 euros. If the price was expensive for you then fine, no problem. It is up to you to except it or not. Like it is up to me how much to charge for my time.

And I did not contact you outside of the forum btw. I send you a pm here after your post that you made at my mod's thread.

And I am not trying to bring you down at all. What I said is the truth. I saw a paid mod of mine at your forum that you did not buy from me. And when I asked you about it you gave me all kind of vague excuses. And I even told you to keep it btw. That is the truth and I could''t care less if you will stand for it or not. I have your email exchange on the subject as well.

What are you talking about? I contacted you in private and told you that my price to add the options that you wanted in my free mod would be 35 euros. If the price was expensive for you then fine, no problem. It is up to you to except it or not. Like it is up to me how much to charge for my time.

And I did not contact you outside of the forum btw. I send you a pm here after your post that you made at my mod's thread.

And I am not trying to bring you down at all. What I said is the truth. I saw a paid mod of mine at your forum that you did not buy it from me. And when I asked you about it you gave me all kind of vague excuses. And I even told you to keep it btw. That is the truth and I could''t care less if you will stand for it or not. I have your email exchange on the subject as well.
And what i have said it the truth... As i have said it must have been an add-on which was FREE and then changed to a paid one, and at no point was there excuses and i removed it before you even replied and said "keep it its not a problem you was going to give me a a paid add-on free anyway"

I think that add-ons, even the most expensive are in fact very cheap. You cannot compare it to the cost of Xenforo itself because a lot less copies of the add-ons will be sold and the coder wants to get paid for his/her work. The more copies are sold, the cheaper the software gets is a common rule.

Also I prefer happy coders who stay in business for the long term. Coders who don't get paid enough for their work won't stay in business for a long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom