Expensive $100 + BETA -

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reedswood

Hi

I must say that I wish the devs well here on this new platform, but PLEASE don't make the same greedy messed-up mistake as vB/IB has done, as I've just seen that you're releasing your BETA release shortly, and the price is as expensive as vBulletin, and it's not even GOLD!

You must make it more affordable to the masses otherwise you too won't attract many clients! It's the price that get's considered first, then it's the product. I have every reason to believe that it will be a super platform in time, but don't go asking the earth until you really do get established!

Here's another analogy.

Let's pretend for a second that vB4 sucks and that IPB doesn't have the best UI in the world. Let's also pretend that both are about as semantically coded as my left shoe. Then, let's pretend a new forum software came along with a very modern and well thought out intuitive UI, was semantically coded and wiped the floor with the others in terms of out of the box SEO, performance and inovation. Let's pretend also that the new software was marginally cheaper than IPB's forum only version. Which one would you buy?

Oh wait, that's not an analogy after all, silly me.

I also think that the price is very reasonable, I figured it would of been much more. You pointed out the fact that the license is for a beta release, but failed to mention that the license is valid for 1 year after the stable release as well. ;-)

I won't get into that here, because that discussion doesn't belong in this thread, but there is a vast difference between what IPB offers and what XF offers.
I think the discussion does belong in this thread. For the purposes of deciding if this software is expensive or not (as the thread title and poll confirm) one has to compare it to other software.

Therefore, if you could elaborate when you say IPB has a lot more features for the purpose of developing the thread which you started. Can you tell us what features present in the IPB forum only package are better or not present in XF?

Oops... sorry, you didnt. still you are making a statement that is very very relevant to people in deciding if xF is expensive or not.... would you mind elaborating?

I must say that I wish the devs well here on this new platform,
but PLEASE don't make the same greedy messed-up mistake as vB/IB has done,

I must say that I wish the devs well here on this new platform,
and I'm so glad you're NOT making the same greedy messed-up mistake as XYZ has done,

as I've just seen that you're releasing your BETA release shortly, and the price is as expensive as vBulletin, and it's not even GOLD!

as you're releasing your BETA release shortly, and the price is way cheaper than vBulletin, and the first purchase includes GOLD! Wow!

You must make it more affordable to the masses otherwise you too won't attract many clients!

You are making it more affordable to the masses so you will attract many clients!

It's the price that get's considered first, then it's the product.

It's the product that get's considered first, unless the price is over $200 .... $500 or more.

I have every reason to believe that it will be a super platform in time,

It's obvious it's a super platform already, and the add-ons and mods are also obviously going to arrive thick and fast

don't go asking the earth until you really do get established!

don't go doubting your decision. It's made and it's right.
You're on your way to being established!

The net awaits you.

don't go asking the earth until you really do get established!

don't go doubting your decision. It's made and it's right.
You're on your way to being established!

The net awaits you.

Nice post!

1 correction from the above statement, they are already more than established in my mind, and many others. It's just a matter of working out the kinks of the new platform. ;-)

Indeed. There are decent, usable forums available for $0, so any price argument is pointless. You are not going to sit down in a restaurant and enjoy a steak and a couple of martinis for the price of a taco and a Coke.

But enjoy your taco, if that's how you roll.

Hey!! off my tacos :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom