XF 1.3 EXIF Rotation, ACP Searching, Proxying and Change Logging

Here are a handful of new 1.3 features neatly packaged up into a single video for your viewing entertainment...

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
View on Vimeo

Update, Jan 15 - Case Sensitivity 101

There have been various questions about what case sensitive searching means in the video...

In a nutshell, without case sensitivity, searching for 'Foo' would return all results containing any combination of uppercase and lowercase letters spelling 'foo', such as 'foo', 'fOo', 'foO' and 'Foo'.

However, with case sensitivity enabled, searching for 'Foo' would only return results that contain exactly 'Foo', while other combinations of uppercase and lowercase letters would be ignored.

Last edited:
I just verified using a signature in this thread that they are proxied. Really, any BB code parsed content will be proxied - it would require code changes to behave differently.

I just verified using a signature in this thread that they are proxied. Really, any BB code parsed content will be proxied - it would require code changes to behave differently.

My bad, was looking from my phone earlier and was able to confirm it is working now that I'm on a desktop :)

I see some potential "analytical" opportunities with link proxy. For example, automatically moving a user into a moderation queue or sending an automated conversation to those that post links in their signatures. Some users post their favorite YouTube video in their signature, such as notable ride, but others post links to their other businesses, which would represent an opportunity for me.

The image proxy is a great tool to use when converting your forum to XF. I converted a VB with photopost forum and wrote an importer to attach all the images linked in posts to photopost. I deleted the VB install but left the old gallery files in the filesystem. The importer missed some linked images and members posted old gallery links post forum conversion. With the image proxy log, I could see which images were not converted and tweaked the importer to import what was missing.

Top Bottom