Duplicate Error upgrade 1.4 > 1.5

HWS

When upgrading to XF 1.5 you need to make sure you're logged into the ACP before you upload the files.

Because if you upload the new files and try to log into the ACP afterwards, you get the error:

Code:
Server Error
Undefined index: use_tfa

[LIST=1]
[*]XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in XenForo/ControllerHelper/Login.php at line 14
[*]XenForo_ControllerHelper_Login->userTfaConfirmationRequired() in XenForo/ControllerPublic/Login.php at line 134
[*]XenForo_ControllerPublic_Login->actionLogin() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 347
[*]XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
[*]XenForo_FrontController->run() in /Users/****/Sites/xf5/index.php at line 13
[/LIST]

Which is a bug, imho.

Navigate directly to install/index.php?upgrade/ instead.

I solved it by temporarily wrapping "$user['use_tfa']" into '!empty()' in XenForo/ControllerHelper/Login.php at line 14. This made it possible to log into the ACP as admin and finish the upgrade.

Directly calling /index.php?upgrade/ did not work either, because it also requested me to be logged in (which does not work).

Directly calling /index.php?upgrade/ did not work either, because it also requested me to be logged in.
It will ask you to log in. But with it being a different controller that doesn't support 2FA you won't get the same error. Did you try to log in? Did it give you the same error?

It will ask you to log in. But with it being a different controller that doesn't support 2FA you won't get the same error. Did you try to log in? Did it give you the same error?

I tried it and got the login form at the /install path. Did not try to log in however, because I thought the same error would appear. Was able to solve it as described above.

Thank you for your help, @Brogan and @Chris D !

Top Bottom