XF 1.5 XF 1.5 upgrade to 2.1, and MySQL question

Pope Viper

Hi All -
I've got a 1.5 forum, running under MySQL 5.5, and PHP 7.1. I've spun up a VM, running PHP 7.4, and MySQL 8.0. 2.1 installs just fine, however, when I copied over my 1.5 forum, and imported the database into 8.0, I get the ominous " A server error occurred. Please try again later. "

I've tried repairing/truncating the XF_Session table, no joy.

When I try to go to the admincp, I get this:

Server Error​

"continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"?

1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in D:\Websites\LostHillsBunker\Forum\library\XenForo\Autoloader.php at line 119
  2. include() in D:\Websites\LostHillsBunker\Forum\library\XenForo\Autoloader.php at line 119
  3. XenForo_Autoloader->autoload()
  4. spl_autoload_call() in D:\Websites\LostHillsBunker\Forum\library\XenForo\Visitor.php at line 520
  5. XenForo_Visitor->setVisitorLanguage() in D:\Websites\LostHillsBunker\Forum\library\XenForo\Visitor.php at line 471
  6. XenForo_Visitor::setup() in D:\Websites\LostHillsBunker\Forum\library\XenForo\Session.php at line 420
  7. XenForo_Session::startAdminSession() in D:\Websites\LostHillsBunker\Forum\library\XenForo\ControllerAdmin\Abstract.php at line 48
  8. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Abstract->_setupSession() in D:\Websites\LostHillsBunker\Forum\library\XenForo\Controller.php at line 306
  9. XenForo_Controller->preDispatch() in D:\Websites\LostHillsBunker\Forum\library\XenForo\FrontController.php at line 350
  10. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in D:\Websites\LostHillsBunker\Forum\library\XenForo\FrontController.php at line 134
  11. XenForo_FrontController->run() in D:\Websites\LostHillsBunker\Forum\admin.php at line 13

Just to make sure my backup was good, I created a test XF 1.5 site, and restored the DB to it, and the sight functioned normally.

Is the issue that I've got a MySQL 5.5 database on a 8.0 server?

What my next step was going to be is take a clone of my XF 1.5/PHP 7.1/MySQL 5.5m and doing a MySQL upgrade on it to see if that will allow me to swing the DB over.

Thanks for any insight.

OK, I found the issue, it looks like XF 1.5.9 does not like PHP 7.4.

I duplicated my set up on a new 2019 server, and the forum came right up. I'm going to do a upgrade to 2.1, and then see about migrating that to a PHP 7.4/MySQL 8 test box and if that looks good, I'll migrate that to a production box.

Top Bottom