XF 1.5 Attempting to use the run-upgrade script getting back an error

Attempting to move from XenForo 1.3.4 to 1.5 to get the security updates. I'm trying to run the upgrade script and I'm getting back "An unexpected error occurred. Please try again later." I've tracked the call down to this line in the file -

XenForo_Application::initialize($fileDir . '/library', $fileDir);

It really seems like this ought to work. The $fileDir that's being pulled correctly identifies the root of the xenforo install.
Does anyone have ideas as to why that particular command would fail? Is there an error log that this generates that I can go look at for more information? Any help is appreciated since I'm otherwise shooting in the dark.

Are you referring to the CLI upgrade script? Are you running this via the command line? This really should try to give a more specific error.

What happens when you access the web upgrader? If that works, have you moved the run-upgrade.php script from its default location? If so, that would likely be the problem.

I am indeed referring t the CLI upgrade script. I am running it via the command line. As far as I can tell that bit of code just fatals it out which is why I'm not getting anything useful. The last time I had it up the web upgrader was mostly cooperative but I hadn't fired it all the way through because I was trying to have it avoid wiping out all of my data. Not exactly sure why that's required. Do you happen to know if the CLI script will behave in the same manner? Also the total number of posts is enormous so I'm concerned for that reason as well.

It sounds like some files may be missing -- fundamental enough that it prevents the file health check from running. Try reuploading.

Is there some way to file a manual file health check that might allow me to diagnose an issue? I've tried re-uploading and have started to move the version that I'm trying to upload to further and further back (current attempt is to go from 1.3.4 to 1.3.10) and even that's failing. I'm beginning to think that there's something entirely different going on, but if there's some way that I can verify that there's something about the environment, permissions, or server set up that are off, rather then just trying to do some kind of incompatible operation it'd help me limit the scope of trying to figure it all out.

Alright well, figured out the answers to some of my problems. Notably that the configuration the server doesn't like symbolic links or s3 without some special code that's apparently no longer part of our repo. Leaving this breadcrumb behind in case someone else stumbles onto it.

Top Bottom