Email Customizer [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, changes will remain after update.

Bug: I forgot to update code for importer for XenBase styles in beta2. See temporary fix few posts above.
That did the trick! :)

Do you have any idea how much you plan to sell this add-on for when it goes live?

Do I need to clear out my edits to the email templates or does this do it for me? It looks like my email style really didn't change from my mods and I'm wondering if they're overwriting your style when I imported.

Any thoughts?

Yes, you need to clear your custom edits in mail templates. Add-on works by searching and replacing code from default mail templates. If you have customized it, add-on might not be able to find required lines and would fail to change some parts of layout.

Contact form is bugged in beta. Profile isn't being parsed. It will be fixed in next beta, that will probably be available later today.

Hi Arty, installed and working really well so far. Question regarding the pricing.....will there be any discount for people using this with your themes? I've got 2 of yours themes currently, plus branding free on one of them.

Tested contact form, found a bug but a different one. Style wasn't applied to avatar. Outer background looks fine.

I do know now what the problem was. I did not pay enough attention to what happened after the upgrade. In other words, everything looked fine until the last upgrade of the add-on and then I guess parts of "blocks" settings got overwritten. As the next eMail that came was a "Contact Form" eMail, I just thought it is a single problem with that, but forgot to check the eMail Customizer Settings after the upgrade. And today I saw that the whole layout broke after the update. Maybe you can take that into account for future updates. I now need to reconstruct and check everything again to rebuilt the table layout because mine was pretty complex with fonts, buttons, icons, tons of inline-css etc.

I only made 2 small color changes and added my logo after style import of beta 02 so I'll just do a fresh install of next beta so there aren't any conflicting settings or changes

Thanks. Next update will wipe existing customizations. I'm in process of changing entire structure of email to make customizations much easier and to fix issues with some email readers, however downside is it changes almost all code.

In next beta there will be new color palette with sections for content, header and footer. It will also have option for logo. You won't need to customize HTML anymore to change things, though option will still be there.

@MattW it might be possible.

though option will still be there.

Totally important for me, as there is not much left of XF beside the macros in my eMail template. I hope the blocks can be customized entirely still. I see the need for easy styling for the majority, however the add-on will only help me if I can customize the templates entirely. (Which means, that it is perfect as it is now.) ;)

@Arty there was a complaint of the email not displaying properly in Windows Live Mail (Outlook). I verified this as well.

Windows Mail
upload_2016-2-28_2-8-55.webp

Gmail
upload_2016-2-28_2-9-38.webp

If you need anything else tested let me know.

Arty updated Email Customizer with a new update entry:

Beta 3

Important: this update is not compatible with previous versions. Installing this update will wipe your custom email styles from previous version.

Changes:
  • Email structure has been rewritten. Messages should have correct colors in email clients that do not support modern stuff and web mail clients.
  • Color palette has been rewritten. Previous versions used XenForo color palette, this version uses custom palette. New items for header background and link colors, footer background...

Read the rest of this update entry...

edit: few issues were found after release: I forgot to update code in importers for Black Responsive, Soft Responsive and Elegance styles. Those 3 styles will be fixed in next update tomorrow.

Last edited:
Installed Beta 3, Not sure if it is bug or as designed. But in color palette, When I click on colors to change them, nothing opens. So I can't choose pre-defined colors of my style, or from a color picker. I should put color's code to change it.

Its not a bug.

XenForo color picker is not usable for email because it generates colors in rgb and rgba formats. Many older email clients and web based email clients support only hexadecimal colors. It is also not easy to setup with properties generated on fly via JS. For now color editor is a simple text field with sample box. I'll change that later.

To enter new color simply enter hex value of it, without # prefix.

@Arty,
In the previous version I was able to set a background image in Body Style.
In the latest version it does not work anymore. I had no luck so far to get a background image working in another area.

I use (example)
Code:
background: url('http://mainecoon.nl/images/winter/winter10.jpg') no-repeat center center;

You shouldn't do that in email.

That particular background image has 2 issues:
1. All web clients remove background images from all elements.
2. Most web clients ignore anything assigned to html and body elements. That's why body element style is now gone.

There is a workaround though: add style to head section. In navigation go to Building Blocks -> Head Section. Add code like this
Code:
<style>
html, body { background: url('http://mainecoon.nl/images/winter/winter10.jpg') no-repeat center center; }
</style>
But be aware that it will be shown only in preview and in very few email clients. Most users won't see it.

@Axel B

Actually, I'll add that setting back. That setting already exists, but hidden from editor. To enable it open Controller/Edit.php, find
Code:
array(
    'title' => 'Body Style',
    'explain'   => 'Style of body element.',
    'var'   => 'bodyStyle',
    'level' => 1,
),
replace with
Code:
array(
    'title' => 'Body Style',
    'explain'   => 'Style of body element. Most email clients ignore this style.',
    'var'   => 'bodyStyleHidden',
    'level' => 1,
),
array(
    'title' => 'Outer Wrapper Style',
    'explain'   => 'Style of outer wrapper.',
    'var'   => 'bodyStyle',
),

Same code changes will be in next beta.

So with future versions updates all saved email templates we create will not be saved? Also, do I need to uninstall the previous version before uploading the new version files and XML?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom