Email Customizer [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's also a daily digest, https://xenforo.com/community/resources/daily-digest.4638/
not sure if you need to do something separate for that.
Didn't know about that add-on. I'll test it.

From quick look, it will need some adjustments. Weekly digest has a small inconsistency in HTML code (<br /><br/>, notice lack of space before / in second tag), which makes it easy to detect emails created with it, with secondary confirmation by checking existence of add-on's configuration options. Daily digest doesn't have that inconsistency.

I'm having a little problem with gmail. They seem to wrap certain elements in a div class and color it purple.

This was never noticeable with a white email, but since our site is dark, after this addon was added some of the emails are tricky to read.

hcgufNh.png

I'm wondering if there's anyway to fix this.

They don't wrap everything in this div so most emails look fine.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/16689882/gmail-wraps-certain-html-elements-in-a-class-called-im
Gmail seems to think that you are quoting other emails in a conversation and so is wrapping div.imaround the sections of your code that it thinks are previous bits in a conversation.

This might happen if your code has a TABLE with more than one TR. To get around this, rather than several TRs in one TABLE, use several TABLEs with one TR in each.

This might also happen if you have multiple subject lines that are the same, causing Gmail to think this is a conversation. You can fix this by making each subject line unique.

This is strange. I've just tested 2FA authentication email with gmail using dark style, it works fine.

What version are you using? If latest, can you forward one of those emails from your forum to cyberalien@gmail.com, so I could check it?

Bad news: I was asked by XenForo staff to relist add-on as commercial. Add-ons here can be ether commercial or free, hybrid licenses aren't allowed.

Email customizer add-on was released with unique license, that as far as I know was never used by any other add-on author: trial version can be downloaded in xenforo.com resource manager, if admin decides to use add-on he must purchase commercial version from my website.

Currently trial version of add-on is available only here, on xenforo.com resource manager. This serves double purpose:

1. Posting it only on xenforo.com prevents unlicensed XenForo customers from downloading it, forcing unlicensed users to ether purchase it or seek add-on elsewhere.

2. Anyone can download, comment, rate add-on, making add-on thread more alive than average commercial add-on. Which serves as advertising for potential commercial customers.

I won't post trial version anywhere other than here, so if I can't post it here, license has to change. This is unfortunate and many customers might be upset. I apologize, but there is nothing I can do about it.

Due to forced license change, new versions will be strictly commercial. New version will be posted later today. Changing this resource to commercial is not possible, so new one will have to be created.

Customers using trial version can use current version indefinitely. Latest version is stable, it should work fine with future versions of XenForo without any issues. If minor compatibility issues will arise in any future XenForo updates, I'll post instructions on how fix them. Most likely there won't be any changes until XenForo 2 that affect add-on. If you want to get rid of trial notice in admin panel, edit admin templates email_customizer_edit and email_customizer_index (its on one of first lines, you'll see where to edit. remove entire line).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom