Email Customizer [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
So with future versions updates all saved email templates we create will not be saved?
No, its a one time thing during beta.

In future updates should not have major structural changes, so styles will not be wiped. If there are changes, some kind of migration script will be added to update email styles.
Also, do I need to uninstall the previous version before uploading the new version files and XML?
No. Update process is the same as any other add-on: upload new files, in admin panel click "Add-ons", find add-on in list, click "Controls", click "Upgrade Add-on"

Arty updated Email Customizer with a new update entry:

IE support, bug fixes

Changes from previous beta:
  • Live preview now works in IE9+ and Edge.
  • Each element has class name, making it possible to add media queries and make email responsive.
  • Fixes for importers for several of my styles that I forgot to fix in last beta.
  • Body style is again customizable.
Unlike last beta, this one will not wipe your custom email styles. That was a one time thing in beta 3 because it completely changed structure of email styles.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Thanks! Latest version should be quite stable.

I've been extensively testing it during end of last week with several web mail clients, clients for OSX, Windows and Android. So many emails were sent that my ISP temporary blocked all outgoing emails from me for 24 hours during weekend :)

Yes, you need to clear your custom edits in mail templates. Add-on works by searching and replacing code from default mail templates. If you have customized it, add-on might not be able to find required lines and would fail to change some parts of layout.

Contact form is bugged in beta. Profile isn't being parsed. It will be fixed in next beta, that will probably be available later today.
The latest version seems to have fixed my issue. I noticed it was only happening on my mobile gmail account on my IOS device. Just FYI, I never had to clear out my customizations to the EMAIL_CONTAINER template. I really didn't know how without reinstalling my theme. Are there other ways to do it?

Just FYI, I never had to clear out my customizations to the EMAIL_CONTAINER template. I really didn't know how without reinstalling my theme. Are there other ways to do it?
Try rebuilding master data. Navigate to your_forum/install/ and click button.

I cant replicate my old layout. Seems like the building blocks are not working as expected. Whatever I post in the "header row" is not displayed. Even if I only write "test", it is ignored.

Thanks for noticing. Header block is bugged. To fix it open EmailCustomizer/Libraries/EmailParser/PreParser.php, find
Code:
// Header block
on next line replace
Code:
'<td style="{$headerStyle}">'
with
Code:
'<td style="{$headerStyle}" class="headerStyle">'

Export Error message: Once you click on "export" it exports the style but the browser console displays: "loading of the frame was interrupted"

Good tip.... it has the same problem. "Failed to load resource" although the file is exported and saved to the desktop correctly...

avatar padding.webp I had thought maybe the avatar (Profile Wrapper Style) would grow on me. Certain styles inherit the tab below avatar.
Code:
//background: @primaryLighterStill url('{xen:raw $xenOptions.boardUrl}/styles/aperture/xenforo/gradients/tab-selected-light.png') repeat-x bottom;
//border: 1px solid @primaryLighter;
I commented those lines out. Maybe just my opinion but wanted to share my thoughts. While other styles do not have this. Preference? avatar no padding.webp
Also, Thank you @Arty for the development and user friendly user interface. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom