Email Customizer [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
If your not happy with the sites style I found it confusing to figure out what changes what part of the email if you choose to do so. This would be nice if it was incorporated or something similar.

email.webp

Yes, I've added new palette entry for link color in today's beta version to make customization easier. Will consider adding more similar entries for other elements.

Screenshots are imports of different forum styles. Add-on can import style from any forum style that is installed on your forum.

That screenshot is import from style "Abyss" by Audentio. Its a commercial style, therefore I can't post XML file of import because it uses code from that style.

@Arty Found a bug: Emails that are sent to the admin via the "Contact" Form of the website ignore the body or html. The email is not centered anymore and the background is black. It seems like the contact form email has a hiccup with the outer block.

@Arty Found a bug: Emails that are sent to the admin via the "Contact" Form of the website ignore the body or html. The email is not centered anymore and the background is black. It seems like the contact form email has a hiccup with the outer block.
I tested it. But everything was fine:
2016-02-24_21-30-05.webp

Tested contact form, found a bug but a different one. Style wasn't applied to avatar. Outer background looks fine.

Tested contact form, found a bug but a different one. Style wasn't applied to avatar. Outer background looks fine.

how would you explain that with mails send from the forum it looks correct and with mails received from contact it breaks the layout? any idea?

No idea. XenForo_Controller_Misc, which is responsible for contact form, calls
getPreparedMailHandler function. That function should wrap emails before creating mail object. So there is no reason for email to not have wrapper.

I'll do more debugging. Maybe something in this add-on is causing that weird issue.

Do you have any add-ons installed that might affect contact form or mail?

Note about next beta version: it might not be compatible with current beta version. That means all email styles will have to be wiped and re-imported.

I've been testing customized emails on multiple devices and clients, there are some serious issues with custom fonts, text colors and even background colors in some email clients. To solve those issues some parts of parser must be redesigned and editor slightly restructured.

Update will also make it easy to add logo and customize few other elements without knowing any HTML or CSS.

I installed the email customizer and set it to our custom style. Got this error though:
Code:
Server Error Log
Error Info
ErrorException: Undefined index: bodyAttributes - library/EmailCustomizer/Libraries/EmailParser/Styles/XenBase.php:11
Generated By: The Sandman, 4 minutes ago
Stack Trace
#0 /srv/www/theadminzone.com/public_html/library/EmailCustomizer/Libraries/EmailParser/Styles/XenBase.php(11): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'Undefined index...', '/srv/www/theadm...', 11, Array)
#1 /srv/www/theadminzone.com/public_html/library/EmailCustomizer/Libraries/EmailParser/StyleParser.php(344): EmailParser\Styles\XenBase->_customizeStyleReplacements(Array, true, Array, Array, Array)
#2 /srv/www/theadminzone.com/public_html/library/EmailCustomizer/Controller/Import.php(82): EmailParser\StyleParser->getStyleReplacements(true)
#3 /srv/www/theadminzone.com/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(351): EmailCustomizer_Controller_Import->actionImportStyle()
#4 /srv/www/theadminzone.com/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#5 /srv/www/theadminzone.com/public_html/admin.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#6 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(64) "https://theadminzone.com/admin.php?email-customizer/import-style"
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
    ["email-customizer/import-style"] => string(0) ""
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(4) {
    ["style_id"] => string(2) "16"
    ["modify_layout"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfConfirm"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
  }
}

Last edited:
I installed the email customizer and set it our custom style. Got this error though:
Code:
Server Error Log
Error Info
ErrorException: Undefined index: bodyAttributes - library/EmailCustomizer/Libraries/EmailParser/Styles/XenBase.php:11
Generated By: The Sandman, 4 minutes ago
Stack Trace
#0 /srv/www/theadminzone.com/public_html/library/EmailCustomizer/Libraries/EmailParser/Styles/XenBase.php(11): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'Undefined index...', '/srv/www/theadm...', 11, Array)
#1 /srv/www/theadminzone.com/public_html/library/EmailCustomizer/Libraries/EmailParser/StyleParser.php(344): EmailParser\Styles\XenBase->_customizeStyleReplacements(Array, true, Array, Array, Array)
#2 /srv/www/theadminzone.com/public_html/library/EmailCustomizer/Controller/Import.php(82): EmailParser\StyleParser->getStyleReplacements(true)
#3 /srv/www/theadminzone.com/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(351): EmailCustomizer_Controller_Import->actionImportStyle()
#4 /srv/www/theadminzone.com/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#5 /srv/www/theadminzone.com/public_html/admin.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#6 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(64) "https://theadminzone.com/admin.php?email-customizer/import-style"
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
    ["email-customizer/import-style"] => string(0) ""
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(4) {
    ["style_id"] => string(2) "16"
    ["modify_layout"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfConfirm"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
  }
}

Got the same error after installing just now. We are using XenBase-based style as well. The email preview with our custom style looks great though!

Thanks for reporting. Temporary fix: open library/EmailCustomizer/Libraries/EmailParser/StyleParser.php, find and delete
Code:
        if ($resolver->propertyExists('xbHeadingColor') && $resolver->propertyExists('xb_sidebar_block')) {
            return new Styles\XenBase($resolver);
        }

I'll do more debugging. Maybe something in this add-on is causing that weird issue.

Do you have any add-ons installed that might affect contact form or mail?

Much appreciated. I have no other eMail or eMail influencing add-ons installed so far.

Hi Arty,

I've updated my Email styling in the past, but with every upgrade to XenForo I lose my changes and need to redo them. Will changes made using your add-on stick after a XenForo upgrade or do they need to be redone as well?

Also, I upgraded and tried to import my style but I'm receiving the below error... Any thoughts?

upload_2016-2-25_15-16-12.webp

Yes, changes will remain after update.

Bug: I forgot to update code for importer for XenBase styles in beta2. See temporary fix few posts above.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom