Email Customizer [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Arty, first of all AWESOME WORK! Wow! You made it look so simple :)
Still playing around on how to customize stuff, but getting there. You'll have one client already :)
Love it ;) I will keep a close eye out for the remarks here, that help me figure out how to customize stuff ;)

adding background: @pageBackground; did work in showing the background in iCloud desktop client but its not centered as you mentioned. Still looks extremely promising! :)

Thanks to all replies above :)
adding background: @pageBackground; did work in showing the background in iCloud desktop client but its not centered as you mentioned. Still looks extremely promising! :)
I've been playing with that too for last 30 mins. Added small change to parser to force background to body style, even if its not specified to counter white background issue.

However it isn't centered and there is no way to make it center. Gmail doesn't expand message to full width. Looks like best course of action is to make outer background white or as close to white as possible.

It's strange that the iCloud client is now centering my emails even as I resize my browser window :)

Body Style
Code:
padding: 10px;
font-family: 'Open Sans', sans-serif;
line-height: 1.35;
background: @pageBackground;

Thank you.

So far there have been only few minor issues. Today I'll release another beta version, then depending on feedback it might take 3-4 more days of testing before all issues are fixed. I think final version will be released this weekend.

Would love to get feedback from RTL forums. I don't know how well add-on works with RTL languages or if it works at all.

@melbo I think I've solved problem with dark background. It requires slightly changing layout of messages: messages will have fixed width and will be centered. There will be new setting to customize that as well.

Here are screenshots from Gmail of Black Responsive style with improved forum style importer:

black1.webp black2.webp

Will quotes be able to be customized with site colors? The other add on left the quotes with the Xenforo core email colors.

Will quotes be able to be customized with site colors? The other add on left the quotes with the Xenforo core email colors.
Yes. You can customize quotes and code bbcode layout.

See screenshots in resource for examples. If you spot anything that isn't customizable, please let me know and I'll make it customizable.

Arty updated Email Customizer with a new update entry:

New centered layout for styles with dark backgrounds, bug fixes

Changes:
  • New option for fixed width layout. Option can be toggled during style import and you can customize all elements of new layout in editor. This layout makes emails with non-white background look better in web clients such as Gmail.
  • Color palette changes. Now page and content background colors and text color are shown separately. New color added to palette: link color.
To update from previous version you need to:
  • Upload new files, overwriting old files....

Read the rest of this update entry...

Should I remove
Code:
background: @pageBackground;
from Body Style for this update?
Do we need to reimport a style to add the fixed width setting? Sorry, haven't looked in the options yet

You can remove that line. New version adds it automatically.

For new fixed width easiest option is to reimport style. Its a setting for importer that creates slightly different replacements, not an option you can change later.

However you can update it without importing. You'll need to edit 2 properties:

1. Building blocks -> wrapper table opening:
Code:
<table width="100%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" border="0" valign="middle" style="{$bodyStyle}"><tr><td valign="top" align="center">

2. Building blocks -> content table opening:
Code:
<table width="640" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" border="0" dir="{$emailLanguage.text_direction}" style="width: 640px; {$wrapperStyle}">

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom