Editor & BB Code Manager

Editor & BB Code Manager 2.0.1 Patch Level 1

No permission to download
I updated to Editor and BB Code Manager 1.2.0 Patch 2 on an XF 2.1.0 system using the Install/Upgrade from Archive procedure. That all worked fine, and the new version of Editor Manager seems to be working fine, except for one oddity: Markdown translation is still working, even though I've disabled it (repeatedly) in Editor options.

I updated to Editor and BB Code Manager 1.2.0 Patch 2 on an XF 2.1.0 system using the Install/Upgrade from Archive procedure. That all worked fine, and the new version of Editor Manager seems to be working fine, except for one oddity: Markdown translation is still working, even though I've disabled it (repeatedly) in Editor options.
That option checkbox is actually a leftover. XenForo built in their own switch with 2.1.1., can be found under Setup > Options > Messages > Convert Markdown-style content to BB code

Yes, and it works correctly with XF 2.1.1, but I'm running XF 2.1.0 at the moment....
I don't see any specific reason not to upgrade to 2.1.1. However, if you need the markdown conversion disabler, it's available in the versions 1.2.0 Beta 1 through Beta 4 iirc.

I don't see any specific reason not to upgrade to 2.1.1.
I plan to, but I had some issues with a test system update to XF 2.1.1, and the production system needs total stability at the moment, so the XF 2.1.1 update is delayed for a little while, but I wanted to get the Editor Manager 1.2.0 fixes right away. Thanks for the help (and the great add-on!).

Now I have a question about fonts....

Is it possible to define a client-side font that's a font stack, something like:

"helvetica neue",helvetica,arial,sans-serif

that would translate to something like this??

[FONT='"helvetica neue",helvetica,arial,sans-serif']
[/FONT]

Or is that outside the realm of BBcode possibility? (And how does Editor Manager deal with this issue?)

Before the last two patches we had issues with tables and lists (that were specifically addressed in the patch), we also had a problem with posting to member "profile posts". That problem still exists. When the editor is enabled we can not post to member profiles. Disable the editor and we can post in the profiles again.

The text color of this area isn't match for UI.X 2, because @xf-paletteColor3 is almost white.
How can I change text color for this?

I am cleaning up my installed addons and I was checking the queries each addon adds. I really really do appreciate this addon and thank you for it.

I just wanted to report a situation and maybe ask for a better way if possible (take your time of course).

Right now it triples the amount of queries I have, and adds 37 extra queries to the thread. I believe this number is very high, because all my other addons, if at all, add 1-3 extra queries. Compared to that 37 looks high.

Thank you.

Last edited:
I see new Table styles have been added. Does that include setting table and column widths?

Is this only for v2.1 or can it be installed on 2.0.x?

Top Bottom