Editor & BB Code Manager

Editor & BB Code Manager 2.0.1 Patch Level 1

No permission to download
This is brilliant, thanks for all the work you've put into it :)

One suggestion, would it be possible to add usergroup permissions to specific public templates?

That way I could create templates and have them available to all admins or all mods. Unless you can think of a better way to achieve that?

One suggestion: if the tool bar has zero buttons in it, perhaps hide the border-top to stop it from loading, so the blue bar doesn't still show

1518279307562.webp

1518279502152.webp

Another idea that would be quite nice, is you could have a "Collapse toolbar below width of x pixels" setting

This would cause the editor to load with no button in it, as in the first image above. Then tapping the blue bar would expand the toolbar to show the buttons if the user really needed them.

This would really help clean things up on small mobile screens where the majority of users only need a basic text box, but still gives the option for formatting if they really want it :)

Last edited:
BBCode "Insert Google map" and "Gallery embed" from XF2 doesn't work (actually they didn't show) is it possible to fix that?

Is it possible that sometimes it happens that the submitted post contains [bgcolor] tags randomly placed in the text because of this addon? Note the bgcolor tag is not enabled in the "Enabled BB codes" section. We have a few users who have experienced this on our board and I can't figure what is going on.

This is brilliant, thanks for all the work you've put into it :)

One suggestion, would it be possible to add usergroup permissions to specific public templates?

That way I could create templates and have them available to all admins or all mods. Unless you can think of a better way to achieve that?
I just came here to say this. I would love to have some admin/mod specific phrases, in addition to a few public ones.

Is it possible that sometimes it happens that the submitted post contains [bgcolor] tags randomly placed in the text because of this addon? Note the bgcolor tag is not enabled in the "Enabled BB codes" section. We have a few users who have experienced this on our board and I can't figure what is going on.

It appears that indeed this problem is being caused by this addon. I checked the options in the ACP and the bgcolor bbtag was not enabled. I do not know why. I re-enabled it there and it seems the problem it gone now. The question is, why it was disabled, and why the editor was putting it into the posted text.

You can view some reports here: https://forums.freebsd.org/threads/...ficant-forum-upgrade.64621/page-6#post-378157

Hey katsulynx

with version 2.0.2 of XenForo the Post Templates doesnt work anymore. Can you please fix this in your next Release?

Little announcement: The next version will be the last Beta Version. It will include some bug fixes, the old webfonts option from my font manager that allows your users to use any google webfont they want, and maybe a few things from the backlog. The next version after that will be the first stable release, that likely won't include any feature aditions. So if you wish for some functionality to be added that hasn't been mentioned before, feel free to do so now and I will see if I can fit it in for the last Beta.

What going on? Still no update happened after long time.

Can't give you any ETA. I'm working in my free time only, so it's done when it's done. I'll look into all reported matters as soon as possible, so please bear with me, while I try to sort out all my real life stuff (which should soon be done, finally).

@Sp4x It might be an issue with your custom theme or a different add-on. I had a similar case before. Can you confirm that it's also not working in the default style with all other add-ons turned off?

How do you delete dropdowns? Every time I try I get an error saying that the requested page can't be found.

Last update was that AJAX support is planned, but currently no ETA.

https://xenforo.com/community/threads/kl-editor-manager.134142/page-9#post-1201799
Very cool, thanks.

EDIT: Yeah, gotta have it to use the hide tags. I tried using them here and there for testing purposes and almost immediately started getting complaints from users about having to do page refresh's. Unfortunately, reminding people that it's literally one button push to refresh a page doesn't go over very well. :)

Last edited:
I've got a user who for some reason created thousands of old posts using the Courier font, which XF by default seems to render as Courier New. But after installing this addon, the Courier tags are just missing from all those posts and the font is defaulting to whatever - something that's not monospace and all his columns no longer line up. When I disable the addon, you can see the Courier tags again. Is there any way I can have all those old Courier tags automatically rendered as Courier New again?

Top Bottom