• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Dual News Portal

intradox

I recently came across this excellent Xenforo site and was wondering if anyone knew how they accomplished a new portal where there are 2 different feeds at 50% each.

http://plaguefest.com/

I'm pretty sure they are using XenPorta but I don't know how they would have gotten 2 columns to be 50% as mine turn out at around 25|75 when using 2 RecentNews blocks side-by-side.

-----

Also, how did they accomplish these rank badges? Is there a plugin/skin modification to enable this?

I think this theme is based off of a customized Flexile style which they were able to pull off extremely well.

0xym0r0n

CSS. Jaxel made a ton of his stuff editable with css. I'd use firebug in firefox and hover over the columns to check for the class. Then I'd adjust it from there.

I think that the XenPorta classes are like midRightblock midLeftblock and so on according to location of the block in the layout.

I do believe there are 2 other developers working on a CMS/portal and it's possible this site is using a beta version. Could also just be them who did it lol.

There's a thread somewhere here to customize usergroup colors and i'm sure that you can create a div with rounded edges to achieve that look.

Looking at the page source we can be sure that the page uses xenporta

Code:
<div id="content" class="EWRporta_Portal">
And this should be pretty easy to replicate. I can't look into it before tonight though, but I will, since I need this on my own forum.

Looking at their css we find this:

HTML:
.topLeftBlocks, .midLeftBlocks, .btmLeftBlocks {
float: left;
width: 49.5% !important;
}
.midRightBlocks {
float: right;
width: 49.5%;
}
Hopefully this helps you.

intradox

Looking at the page source we can be sure that the page uses xenporta

Code:
<div id="content" class="EWRporta_Portal">
And this should be pretty easy to replicate. I can't look into it before tonight though, but I will, since I need this on my own forum.

Looking at their css we find this:

HTML:
.topLeftBlocks, .midLeftBlocks, .btmLeftBlocks {
}
.midRightBlocks {
}
Hopefully this helps you.
I tried the that css as well but the problem that then happens is if I have blocks under those they become either hidden or messed up. I'm pretty terrible with floats and positioning in css so I'm not sure how to fix this problem.

I have a bottom and top ad on my forum and the floating divs become a mess with 50/50.

Preview:

MagnusB

Even if you manage to hack it via CSS, it will still only display one header. As I said, they are using 2 recent news blocks and are using the built in layout system in XenPorta to have the 2 block layout. If you search for XenPorta FAQ or something like that you will find how to do this.

intradox

Do you use the middle left and middle right?

If so try
Code:
.midLeftBlocks {
}
.midRightBlocks {
}
Also, as MagnusB said, instructions on how to use more then one news block: http://xenforo.com/community/threads/8wayrun-com-xenporta-portal.7586/page-191#post-307702
I am actually using 2 recent news blocks and that cold still does not work for some reason. I'll have to look into it some more. Thanks for the css help.

http://i.imgur.com/bCiiV.png

And after applying the corrected css, it looks like: http://i.imgur.com/a8fFw.png

I notice something on your forum:

HTML:
class="sidebar midLeftBlocks"
You need to remove the "sidebar" class on the blocks before adding the above css. I managed to fix most of the problems trough google except for the ads, but thats mostly because I did not have time to tweak anymore.

hey i was trying to do something like that picture displays with the title blocks for the 2 recentnews blocks but couldnt get it working.

I attached a picture, if someone can help out i wouldnt mind paying for the help.

Attachments