Add-on Beta testers for CMF (News/Portal/Blogs/Wiki/Tags)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to be a tester. I have 8 years of experience helping with third party portal design for SMF(currently project manager of Dream Portal). I have recently abandoned SMF in favor of XF.

We have to polish some addon details which appear a bit more than we expected.
Especially adding pagination to threaded comments took much.
But yes, everybody sometimes late, even KAM ;)

Hi Guiltar, is it too late to ask to be a Beta Tester? If not, I would love to test this on an upcoming challenging site!

Dynamic:
May23: Tagging system and core are ready. Though I need some time to prepare for hard exam :)
Then the addon will be released :)
Exams !
It is "similar" because there are only two options: extend threads and create own entities. If we create own entities it would be "similar" to LNBlog.
We don't have strict division article vs thread. We make threads configurable to turn them into article, blog entry, diary, wiki page or etc.
It will support root prefix. For example blogs node - http://do4a.com/blogs/ Personal blogs node - http://do4a.com/user-blogs/
Check things out for yourself ! do4a has the blogs and personal blogs running.
I've seen the wiki it's doing great.

BTW:

Is there an ability to have two or more Wikis?

Reason:
We have a public wiki and several private wiki. So we use internally Atlassian with Grasshopper add-on and that Kanban add-on

Our public wiki contains our docs + whatever customer needs to use our Apps.

Our private wiki is a collaboration piece between our Devs, QA and project management.

So we have an idiotic problem where we need either a QA module (we don't want customers to see in-progress or blank pages or something not ready) and another very powerful wiki system but not open to public.

So we end up with 2 versions of the same, one internally and one external. It would be nice if your new product have/has or can have the ability to make 2 WIKIs.

One public and multiple private wikis.

The public one is always one wiki entry point.
I don't know if it is feasible to make two entry points since it would result in mass-confusion.
e.g., /wiki/

The private wikis would be a different entry points, but all content should be non-public.
e.g.,
Wiki #1
/privatewiki/id001/page/
Wiki #2
/privatewiki/id002/page/

So you would need a way to move pages between public and private wiki, private wiki to another private wiki.

The private one would be like a scratch-pad for new writers (i.e., want to see how good their writing is), project management task-list and to prevent damage to public wiki.

Yes it should be possible since wiki will be a forum with special tweaks. If it will be private, wiki will be private.

If the users blogs can have user created categories within them on release, I would like to preorder.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom