1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do You Have T-Shirts For Your Forum?

Discussion in 'Forum Management' started by DRE, Jul 6, 2012.

1. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

Do you have t-shirts for your forum? What do they look like?

Today a member asked me to make a competition thread today so I made one and the top three winner gets a 8thos t-shirt. Here are what my old t-shirts look like, but I gotta design new ones since the site name changed.

8thlegion.jpg T8L.jpg
  2. Sylar

Sylar Well-Known Member

I've wanted to have t-shirts for my forum for a while now, just can't seem to find anywhere that has them cheap enough for me to purchase them :p
  3. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

I got that t-shirt made for about $8 but that was embroidered. I had already bought the t-shirt at Wal-Mart beforehand so all I paid for was the embroidery. If I had gotten t-shirts through them and had them printed I could get several t-shirts for around 20 bucks. Not sure how many. Printed is cheap though. There are t-shirt shops everywhere. Think about it. If you have an athletic team whether it be high school, junior high, bowling team, even something simple like t-shirts created for workers at a annual function etc they are going to get their t-shirts from somewhere.
    Sylar likes this.
  4. FredC

FredC Well-Known Member

Yeah but we use cafe press. So there isnt much revenue involved.. Actually there isnt any revenue involved since we dont have a mark up on most of our products, But then there is no expense to us either so its all good..
    The "Classic Thong" is our best apparel seller.
    Capture_07062012_183259.jpg Capture_07062012_183502.jpg
  5. Sador

Sador Well-Known Member

Pretty good advertising as it is, lol. :)
  6. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

Doberman chat thongs? Forreal?
  7. CyclingTribe

CyclingTribe Well-Known Member

We have jerseys - we're just running the 2012 design orders now:

... and bib shorts:

We don't make any profit and do all the work ourselves - taking it in turns to receive the bulk orders and post them out to everyone, but people like them and it's great advertising for the site. (y)
    mistypants, Sylar, Steve F and 4 others like this.
  8. Digital Doctor

Digital Doctor Well-Known Member

There are xenforo T shirts too (y)
  9. CyclingTribe

10. iTuN3r

iTuN3r Well-Known Member

Yup we are re-working on design again ! we have decals ready to print as well :) More then 50 Pre-orders as well .
  11. craigiri

craigiri Well-Known Member

We have hats - Cafepress.
    I give them out to members when a few meet personally....or send them to moderators and other helpful forum members. I never sell them.
  12. steven s

steven s Well-Known Member

There is a guy on my site who sells t-shirts.
    I supply decals.
  13. FredC

FredC Well-Known Member

For Real. Like i said our best seller in the cloths line.. Calendars are actually our best seller.
  14. Shelley

Shelley Well-Known Member

Those look really good. (y)
    CyclingTribe likes this.
  15. Cal

Cal Well-Known Member

We tried that route. At a Scott Walker Recall Rally in WI we had a member hand out free T-shirts and flyers to people in the crowd and I made a logo special for the T-shirt. Might expand on that. We're a debate forum, political events are our safe haven haha

8thos and FredC like this.
  16. CyclingTribe

People wear them when out on their weekend club rides, which is can become a talking point and gets us a few new members each year.

Our members also do things off their own back like water bottles, caps, stickers - and I even had one of the regulars bake me a birthday cake with the CC logo on.

Providing it's used positively I pretty much let anyone use the name/logo as it helps promote the site. Eventually I'd like to be able to keep a stock of branded items but the cycle-wear can be expensive (to hold stock in various sizes, mens, ladies, short/long sleeve jerseys and regular shorts too). That'll come later.

I'm thinking mouse-mats for GeeksChat and maybe branded USB sticks; but not until I've fleshed it out some more. (y)
  17. CyclingTribe

No offence intended, but that's one hell of a strap-line for a T-shirt. If a lady was wearing one she'd think I was breast-obsessed by the time I'd finished reading. :ROFLMAO:
  18. wickedstangs

wickedstangs Well-Known Member

19. ragtek

ragtek Guest

sadly most of my old images are lost, so i have only 1 photo of a t-shirt
    we had t-shirts, hoodies, jackets, ...

8thos likes this.
  20. ArnyVee

ArnyVee Well-Known Member

So, other than Cafepress, any other sites/companies that anyone can refers others to use for selling shirts or hats where we could see a small profit from?