Do You Have T-Shirts For Your Forum?

sadly most of my old images are lost, so i have only 1 photo of a t-shirt
we had t-shirts, hoodies, jackets, ...
View attachment 31309

3792554335_4b0fe93585_z.jpg
That's pretty dope.

If you are into DIY and don't have a massive demand...There's a machine called the yudu.
Make t-shirts at home. It's very simple to use and the quality is pretty good if you learn to use it properly.
I'll be getting a yudu or a screen print set-up of my own soon. I love funky shirts and I my wallet doesn't like it, so having my own set-up would be cheaper for me in the long run.

If you are into DIY and don't have a massive demand...There's a machine called the yudu.
Make t-shirts at home. It's very simple to use and the quality is pretty good if you learn to use it properly.
I'll be getting a yudu or a screen print set-up of my own soon. I love funky shirts and I my wallet doesn't like it, so having my own set-up would be cheaper for me in the long run.
Yeah I'm into DIY. That would be very cool. So you order it online? How much is it?

Yeah I'm into DIY. That would be very cool. So you order it online? How much is it?
You could order it online from Amazon. I think its under $90 now. I've read that the squeege it comes with is crap so invest into a legit screen printing squeege. Should also buy more screens/paint. Total I plan on spending is probably $120-150 but if you buy the t-shirts in bulk ($1-$4 a piece) and sell the t-shirts at $10-$15 a piece you'll probably make off with a fair amount after the expenses. Shipping is cheap and easy with the flat rate envelopes at USPS (united states).

Youtube it and I think there's even some fan forums with examples.

Another good idea for you guys: Magnetic Bumper Stickers. Everyone hates the sticky ones and why would you put a site on your car like that? However magnets come on, and off, painlessly. It'll be good offline advertising. I just made one over at http://www.buildasign.com and ordered it first to "test the waters" before my members do. I'll post some pictures of it on my car when I get a chance but you guys might want to think about it too! Anyways for design I made this:

pbmagnet.webp

You could order it online from Amazon. I think its under $90 now. I've read that the squeege it comes with is crap so invest into a legit screen printing squeege. Should also buy more screens/paint. Total I plan on spending is probably $120-150 but if you buy the t-shirts in bulk ($1-$4 a piece) and sell the t-shirts at $10-$15 a piece you'll probably make off with a fair amount after the expenses. Shipping is cheap and easy with the flat rate envelopes at USPS (united states).

Looks like it has a lil learning curve. I will read more about it. http://www.amazon.com/Provo-Craft-Novelty-yudu-62-5000/dp/B0025T6V5C

EMULSION:
Applying the emulsion in sheet form (rather than as a liquid with what's called a scoop-coater, as you would in traditional screenprinting) has been the most challenging part of the learning curve for me (and most others, it seems). But like any tool, it takes time and back-up supplies to learn it so do yourself a favor and have at least 2 sheets of emulsion on hand, a lot of patience, and a first project that is not on a tight deadline. The trick is having the screen wet enough but not too wet (since you're essentially doing something in solid form that's ideally applied as a liquid) and this will take practice.

Another good idea for you guys: Magnetic Bumper Stickers. Everyone hates the sticky ones and why would you put a site on your car like that? However magnets come on, and off, painlessly. It'll be good offline advertising. I just made one over at http://www.buildasign.com and ordered it first to "test the waters" before my members do. I'll post some pictures of it on my car when I get a chance but you guys might want to think about it too! Anyways for design I made this:

View attachment 31332
That's a very good idea. I would like to fine one that I can choose the shape of it instead of it only being rectangular.

View attachment 31332

That's a good idea.

And, the prices are good if you settle on a design that you like. 100 of them are just $2.52 each. You can sell them at $5 + shipping and nearly double your money ;)

Or, if you want to give them away, that's not a bad price for a quality item.

Cal, please report back on the quality of it, please. :)

This thread is quite informative! Thanks to you all, planning on designing a t-shirt and giving a few away in a contest, then selling them :)

I also make buttons (not for my site) aka badges/pins. I stick with the 1-inch rounds since they're popular and cheap. I use a tecre button maker. Bought a kit for around $200 and made about 500+ buttons. I broke even in a week on that purchase :) then sold the rest and doubled the money.
There's also badge-a-minute or minit? Idk but I prefer tecre.

I've never used them for site before due to the size of it, but it's fun for the younger crowd. Put them on hats, backpacks, shirts, ties, etc etc. They also have other attachments and I've made fridge magnets with them lol

I haven't had any made yet but I am making some for all of our staff members once we reach 2 years old in November as a thankyou :)

Do you know the best place to get shirts for cheap?

Top Bottom