Do You Have T-Shirts For Your Forum?

I am running into an issue where the Tshirt vendors are telling me my image quality on my logo is not sufficient and will not transfer well to products. I do not want to change my logo at all. It was custom made for us and we are quite attached to it. Any suggestions?

Can you post an image of your logo so we can see how easy / complicated it would be to re-draw it at a larger (physical) size.

Can you post an image of your logo so we can see how easy / complicated it would be to re-draw it at a larger (physical) size.
Sure
btlogo3.webp

They say it is a pixel image and it needs to be a vector image. I had downloaded a tool to convert it but ended up just destroying the logo.
I am trying to use Café Press not sure if anyone is familiar with what they require for an image.

Last edited:
Cafe press and most other internet shops do NOT require a vector image, in fact I'm not even sure they will take one.

Your best bet is a transparent PNG, which you have. It just needs to be bigger.

You can "cheat" by simply enlarging the image in photoshop (or a similar program) which I have attached.

As you cans see the larger size reduces the quality of the image.

Still, you could try to put the image on 1 cheap tee-shirt and see how it comes out. Don't risk too much. I did this once on a small logo and it turned out perfectly fine for me. But results may vary.

btlogo3-big.webp

If you are using CafePress I've never seen them do any type of manual review- it will just be an automated system if the minimum size is sufficient or not, which it should be now. Good Luck. :)

Looking back through my email it was mylocker.com that required the vector image. Thanks again I have already ordered something to see if it looks right. I really appreciate everyone's help.

We recently printed and distributed t-shirts for our forums. Our members love it. I'm thinking of printing other giveaways in the future like car stickers, mugs, keychains, etc. Nice way to promote the site. Just make sure the design is something they'll love and be proud to wear. :)

full

full

For promotional material (like tee shirts, bumper stickers, banners, etc.) it's always best to use a vector based image. Photoshop creates a raster image, which is why if you try to upscale (or even downscale) anything within Photoshop, it'll get blurry or pixelated (or both). With a vector image, even if the printer you are using does not accept vectors, you can output to a hi-res transparent PNG and just use that.

However, it can be hard to create more advanced/detailed logos within Illustrator.

I've done screenprinting before but never for my site. We've thrown the idea around but since we are a fan site, we could run into copyright issues--though I don't think it'd be much of a problem as long as we didn't sell them for profit, just for giveaways or something. Might make it my summer project to do a quick run of shirts--which, btw, if you have a simple logo and like DIY, Lifehacker did a great guide on it.

For promotional material (like tee shirts, bumper stickers, banners, etc.) it's always best to use a vector based image. Photoshop creates a raster image, which is why if you try to upscale (or even downscale) anything within Photoshop, it'll get blurry or pixelated (or both). With a vector image, even if the printer you are using does not accept vectors, you can output to a hi-res transparent PNG and just use that.

However, it can be hard to create more advanced/detailed logos within Illustrator.

I've done screenprinting before but never for my site. We've thrown the idea around but since we are a fan site, we could run into copyright issues--though I don't think it'd be much of a problem as long as we didn't sell them for profit, just for giveaways or something. Might make it my summer project to do a quick run of shirts--which, btw, if you have a simple logo and like DIY, Lifehacker did a great guide on it.

Beantown, as someone who has done graphic design commercially, I highly suggest a vector also. You can get one made for cheap on freelancer.com. Vectors will always come out much better quality once you enlarge them.

We recently printed and distributed t-shirts for our forums. Our members love it. I'm thinking of printing other giveaways in the future like car stickers, mugs, keychains, etc. Nice way to promote the site. Just make sure the design is something they'll love and be proud to wear. :)

full

full
I love that logo.

Beantown, as someone who has done graphic design commercially, I highly suggest a vector also. You can get one made for cheap on freelancer.com. Vectors will always come out much better quality once you enlarge them.
Thank you. I just ordered a cheap mousepad with the enlarged logo to see how it looks but I am going to see about having it turned into a vector logo. Thanks for letting me know where to do that ;)

Finally got some shirts made with my new domain yay!

This is not the chick in the first post but another member.

IMG_9624.webp

I've used cafepress in the past, but nobody was interested. The only times I've actually had success was when we did mass-orders and everybody ordered in advance in the forum etc.

Edit-They get bigger when you click on them. (y)

Damn, how much bigger can they get? :whistle:

Our Forum is for Latin America so delivery is quite costly. We have not found a place that could take care of it for us.

Top Bottom