What add on's do you have custom coded for your forums?

CedricV

We all know that running a successful forum requires constant attention to improve the user experience. While there are plenty of pre-made add on's available, sometimes the best way to meet the unique needs of our community is by crafting custom-coded solutions. That's what we're here to discuss today – the add on's you've personally built for your forums or have bought.

So, I'm interested to hear, which kind of add on's do you have custom made for your forum? :)

We all know that running a successful forum requires constant attention to improve the user experience.
🤔...we do?

i am unsure about that assertion because the two most "successful forum" i have seen are run by two individuals i personally know and who couldn't care less about improving the user experience at all.

In both cases, their priorities for running a successful forum are first and foremost- the maintaining of basic user experience functionality.

Neither of these two successful forum administrators are interested in add-ons, infact they both advocate against such.

While there are plenty of pre-made add on's available, sometimes the best way to meet the unique needs of our community is by crafting custom-coded solutions. That's what we're here to discuss today – the add on's you've personally built for your forums or have bought.

So, I'm interested to hear, which kind of add on's do you have custom made for your forum? :)
Currently i have many different kinds of add-ons which are available for purchase or for free to verified XF clients from various legitimate developers.

i could list them all for you here, if you would like—however fyi: bear in mind that this will be a long list.

i also have one custom add-on which was actually requested by another individual who possibly could not afford to offer a developer more than a measley $20us.

Imo $20us was unreasonable and so i covered the cost for the individual and paid a developer $100us to create the requested add-on for the individual.

Unfortunately another developer decided to cut in line at the very last minute and presented a slightly tweeked existing free add-on which i am told partially fulfills the request—and so the individual appears to have jumped ship to grab the freebie.

😂As the saying goes: "No good deed goes unpunished", however i now have a proper fully functional custom add-on nonetheless.

Top Bottom