Do you have an fb group that represents with your forum?

80sDude

Just curious if any of you have an fb group that’s associated with your forum? If how did you promote the group and did you get any of them to register on your forum?

Naw, at this point - the further you can get away from Facebook the better. Focus on bringing back the forum from all these other social media distractions

Naw, at this point - the further you can get away from Facebook the better. Focus on bringing back the forum from all these other social media distractions
I’m only asking out of curiosity. I have an fb group but I don’t publish it and I never will. I agree about staying away. Trust me.

I have and it works well, especially when sending links to articles/threads from the forum to the FB group as it brings traffic in from FB.
If you try to shut down all links to social media you'll eventually drive members to SM. If you keep the links open then your members will soon realise that your forum is part of your FB group, and vice versa. The won't have to choose between the two, or worse still leave your forum for someone elses FB group leaving you with just a hardcore group of members.

New members are the lifeblood of any forum without which your forum will eventually fade away and the tumbleweed will become evident.

Not a group!
i have a fb page that has over 100 people on it who are mainly serial internet pests.
A mate of mine has a fb group and a page to go with his huge forum.

I have a large page that does, not a group. I do have a group in the same niche, though. I haven't had the resources to utilize the page, cause you have to pay to communicate.

Honestly... a page makes the most sense.. why scavenge from your main site?

I use FP pages. I have one that I paired with my forum and I also use the articles and such I write and tag them into my posts on FB with the pages I either admin for or am just a member of.

Nope. I hate fb with a passion. I won't dumb down any of our boards by cross-posting to fb, nor do I want the typical fb members showing up at our sites. We used to have a page up but it was just another unattended mess that was ripe for abuse.

Top Bottom