Do Not Monetize Your YouTube Account

DRE

If you already have a google adsense account for your website, do not monetize your YouTube account because it will become disabled for invalid click activity. If you have to, use another Google Adsense account. I've been reading about this everywhere after it happened to me and it's starting to look like a major problem Google does not care to fix. Even if you write an appeal stating that you had recently monetized your YouTube account, they won't care.

That must be what happened to ours, not that it really mattered though as we just went to an in-house solution. (We used to use Google DFP with Adsense picking up the unsold inventory)

Hasn't happened to me yet, even though I barley get many vies (maybe a few hundred a week) and I only use it for my youtube account as I don't have ad's anywhere else.

I got an invitation to monetize my YouTube video, so seeing this post... I'm sad. :(

My videos and channel get a lot of traffic, so yeah, bummer.

I set up Adsense on blogger like a week before I was banned :(. It seems that any service outside of your website will immediately kill your Adsense account. The funny thing is that Google owed me a couple hundred $ but I wasn't going to fight it simply because it is Google and they can do whatever they want with Adsense. My advice when it comes to ads is to find sponsors and use Adsense only for Youtube. If your users are avid shoppers(shopaholics might be a better term as avid shoppers will have certain sites that they use to shop and would disregard any kind of ads) or your site discusses products in some way then it might be worth your time to go ahead and give skimlinks/viglinks a try.

Well, I've had a couple montised through YouTube for well over a year and never had an issue. I had however, recently expanded it to some more videos, so I've hastily removed it off all the videos.

To be honest, the amount gained from the videos pales into insignificance to what I get from the website, so I'd rather not take the risk.

I can assure you that Youtube has nothing to do with disabled Adsense accounts. Google own Youtube you muppets.
You were probably disabled for clicking on your own ads or using traffic exchange programs.

I've run Adsense successfully for years and also monetized my YouTube when it was first offered with no problems.

I've run Adsense successfully for years and also monetized my YouTube when it was first offered with no problems.
Google changes the way they do things. Sometimes for the better, sometimes for the worst.

What happened back then was very true and it was a major problem a lot of webmasters went through.

YouTube is always changing. For instance, a couple months ago you could change your youtube channel name. Now you can't anymore.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I was disabled a while back for invalid click activity. Never clicked my own ads or paid of any traffic. Received around 200k views a month but stopped adding videos once they removed my partnership. Still not sure what happens as their disabled msgs are as vague as they can be.... but it's google so what do you expect.

If you use practically ANY traffic exchange, whether its free or paid you are breaking the rules for Google Adsense. The only approved methods of marketing are Google Adwords, social networking and forums, all others can get you banned.

If you use practically ANY traffic exchange, whether its free or paid you are breaking the rules for Google Adsense. The only approved methods of marketing are Google Adwords, social networking and forums, all others can get you banned.
None of that was used and if you google about this problem you'll learn it happened to others who used nothing else but google for ads.

Well as someone who uses Google Adsense on HTML websites, wordpress blogs, youtube, estores and social networking sites from the same account I have to disagree, it has nothing to do with using it on a different service than what the account was originally created for.

Top Bottom