Do Not Monetize Your YouTube Account

Hey I'm creating a new site and youtube. I want to be able to use the same adsense for both the youtube channel and the website. Which should I activate adsense for first? @Jason the youtube or the website? I don't want this weird problem to happen again.

Mine got banned about a month after I starting using it on our YouTube account. Nothing else changed during that time and never got a warning of any sorts.
Did your Youtube content break the Adsense TOS?

Google owns Youtube, so just adding your Adsense account couldn't have gotten you banned. ;)
Just to follow up, some months ago I found a Google Analytics account that had my adsense data from back then (2010). The day I got banned I had 6 clicks out of 10 come from the same city, so it's probably a safe assumption that that's why I got banned (somebody went on a clicking spree). While I did track it to a member, I never asked him about it, pretty sure he was just trying to "help" me by generating more ad revenue. Not realizing that he just cut off my ad revenue. :(

The above happened back in 2010 and the account was in a business name. As I've been uploading more popular videos I created a new YouTube and Adsense account in my personal name (which is permitted in the TOS). So far so good. Never realized there was this earnings potential on YouTube, besides the ads there's also the whole video licensing (for YouTube complications and/or TV rights) side of things.

Hey I'm creating a new site and youtube. I want to be able to use the same adsense for both the youtube channel and the website. Which should I activate adsense for first? @Jason the youtube or the website? I don't want this weird problem to happen again.

It's perfectly fine to associate your AdSense account with your YouTube account first.

Once they're linked, follow the instructions at http://goo.gl/DLTIHX to start monetizing your site.

Edit: link to actual guide, rather than adhoc instructions from memory.

Hi.

Content locking is the practice of locking any content or section on your website and forcing users to complete a short survey to gain access to your content. For example, you can create a widget using a choice of major CPA network, when a user goes to your website to look for information regarding Content "A", and the user click on your Download button, a widget from the CPA network will appear asking users that they have to complete a survey, download a freeware program or complete a trialpay offer, and after they perform that action then your content unlocks. If users completes a short survey they wont have to pay anything, so its free for the user, you get paid about $1 to $10 depending on the survey, the user is happy that was able to download your content and you are happy that you got paid.

The Top Three CPA (Cost Per Action) Networks are:
CPALead AdscendMedia and AdworkMedia

These networks allows you to lock any specific content or page on your website and forces your users to complete an
Action (that's why its called Cost Per Action or CPA in Short) before the user can get access to your content and you get paid. In my opinion its much better than Adsense and the pay is better. Because there is an incentive to complete an offer, your content, users will be more than willing to complete a survey or offer than, in the case of adsense, mindlessly showing banner ads or text ads and hoping that users clicks at them with no incentive what so ever.

Question are you saying we can use CPA to monetize our video on Youtube? If so how do we make sure they are monetized?

Top Bottom