How do you monetize your forum without ads?

Xenreview is a project that was successfully crowd-funded some months ago. Development has been remarkably fast. Developer @Jeff Berry is not only implementing the feature set that was originally requested, but it going to great lengths to make it a comprehensive polished reviews system. This includes an advanced drag and drop widget system, a financial framework similar to paygates and question & answers functionality. Many suggestions are implemented. As such it will take some time before a gold release is ready. However, you can already buy and download it. It is not ready for production sites. I would advise you to wait for the beta release (next week) before installing it. Though they are running a presale offer until beta release.
Suggestions can be posted on the xenreviews forum.

one reason i hope the review script doesn't come out is because i will end up buying a 4th xf license.

I was hoping to stick with one and see how it goes, but so far i've sold every VB license I own thanks to ExtraLicense and picked up a few XFs and spent more cash with @Russ because his XenBase and custom styles are awesome.

It seems like I just get bored, build forums, and chat to myself on them since I can't figure out how to attract an audience! I used to have a good following....but nowadays no one likes to read!

So yeah....press pause on development so I can avoid buying a 4th license hahaha!

on the contrary - it looks AWESOME!!!!

I forgot to add: xenreviews is going to have another way of monetizing: affiliate networks.
You will be able to generate listings for affiliate network products (bulk import from feed) and make money on affiliate sales.

Another way of making money on affiliate sales is that XenReviews will allow you to have links on each item to websites selling the item. Much like pricegrabber. For example if you have a listing for the book '1984' then you can automatically generate links to the book on amazon, barnes & Nobles, or other online bookstores. The reader can decide where to buy it, while you receive a commission on the sale.

Xenreview is a project that was successfully crowd-funded some months ago. Development has been remarkably fast. Developer @Jeff Berry is not only implementing the feature set that was originally requested, but it going to great lengths to make it a comprehensive polished reviews system. This includes an advanced drag and drop widget system, a financial framework similar to paygates and question & answers functionality. Many suggestions are implemented. As such it will take some time before a gold release is ready. However, you can already buy and download it. It is not ready for production sites. I would advise you to wait for the beta release (next week) before installing it. Though they are running a presale offer until beta release.
Suggestions can be posted on the xenreviews forum.

Great! Let me ask you few things.
1. Are there smart ways for driving traffic from the forum to the reviews? Like widgets, feeds or whatever?
2. Any chance you would include paying by bitcoin in this payment functionality you are building?

1. Are there smart ways for driving traffic from the forum to the reviews? Like widgets, feeds or whatever?
Yes, widgets(it includes a widget system), new content appears in the xenforo new posts function, alerts for new content. If you have suggestions for other ways, then post those in the xenreviews suggestions forum.
2. Any chance you would include paying by bitcoin in this payment functionality you are building?
Please post this suggestion in the xenreviews suggestion forum. I'm sure that this suggestion will be popular.

Please mind that I am not building anything. I have been trying to get a reviews software for my site for many years, because I see it as the solution to funding my website without ads. First I tried to get it for vbulletin here and then for xenforo here. Now its finally manifesting. And even better than I imagined.

Top Bottom