How do you make resurfacing old content in your forum?

Max Fridman

I wondered how do you solve this problem, in really large forums where you have guides, well written ones but they became older and older and new users often doesn't search them because initially they don't need them but they would like to read them if they knew their existence.

How do you solve this problem? Custom addons? Internal linking?

Page nodes would be a good use for that.

Either put the guide content in the page, or create a directory listing linking to the original guides.

This option isn’t free and would take some time to set up nicely, but maybe the XF Resource Manager?

I’ve been experimenting with it on my dev site. Trying to use its backend functionality with my own custom UI/UX.

Yes indeed. Something I have not implemented but am aware of. The power of Search Forums. I already mark tutorials with a prefix I just haven't done the SF yet. Perhaps when there's an abundance.

That will be when I switch from stickies to a Search Forum. Because who wants to see 50 stickies?

If you purchase the Enhanced Search add-on, the Similar Threads function also helps in this regard.

Yes indeed. Something I have not implemented but am aware of. The power of Search Forums. I already mark tutorials with a prefix I just haven't done the SF yet. Perhaps when there's an abundance.
I haven’t really implemented search forums yet either.

Between regular nodes, sub-nodes, prefixes, tags, search forums, public navigation header links, widget links… there’s many ways to do what OP needs. Personal preference I guess.

Top Bottom