How or where do you advertise your forum?

80sDude

Where an how do you all advertise for your forums? I know the best way especially for niche types of forums are on social media but what other methods do you use? Personally I write articles and put my faith on search engines.

I don't do any paid advertising. I have a link to my forum in my signature on other forums with similar topic focus.

I quit Facebook three years ago. So my exposure on "big tech" social media is pretty much zero at this point.

I also depend on search engines. Fortunately, my forum ranks very well on Google.

I don't do any paid advertising. I have a link to my forum in my signature on other forums with similar topic focus.

I quit Facebook three years ago. So my exposure on "big tech" social media is pretty much zero at this point.

I also depend on search engines. Fortunately, my forum ranks very well on Google.

That's awesome. I started with FB by making a group for my forum but after seeing the other 80s groups which have over 100k members each I was like eh I'll pass and take my chances with basic seo and article writing.

That's awesome. I started with FB by making a group for my forum but after seeing the other 80s groups which have over 100k members each I was like eh I'll pass and take my chances with basic seo and article writing.
Hopefully you're posting links to your forum in the 100k+ groups that are in the similar niche? It might be handy to join those groups and then you can convert some users to your forum will good articles that are based around what people are discussing in the FB groups.

Hopefully you're posting links to your forum in the 100k+ groups that are in the similar niche? It might be handy to join those groups and then you can convert some users to your forum will good articles that are based around what people are discussing in the FB groups.

That's spamming and not allowed. I just go with the flow with my forum. I enjoy it so what happens and happens and I was just curious to see what others do to get their forums known.

Thanks but like I said not looking to advertise. Im mainly curious to see what others do.
All depends what kind of growth you're looking for.

If you don't advertise much and you don't expect much then you won't be disappointed.
If you want some growth, advertising combined with unique content works like a charm. All depends on your audience too. If they can find what you offer elsewhere with a better/more activity level, they'll end up there. If you're better than your competition, they'll stay with you.

All depends what kind of growth you're looking for.

If you don't advertise much and you don't expect much then you won't be disappointed.
If you want some growth, advertising combined with unique content works like a charm. All depends on your audience too. If they can find what you offer elsewhere with a better/more activity level, they'll end up there. If you're better than your competition, they'll stay with you.

Everything you wrote is 100% true. I'm more of a I'll just keep my forum going and let nature take its course. Perhaps in the future when I have tons of good content I might start doing some serious advertising but for now slow and steady for me.

Everything you wrote is 100% true. I'm more of a I'll just keep my forum going and let nature take its course. Perhaps in the future when I have tons of good content I might start doing some serious advertising but for now slow and steady for me.
Slow and steady often wins the race. ;)

Best of luck!

Always put it on the social media that you choose to involve yourself with.
I have mine on threads.net as a pinned thing on my account.
I put it on my facebook page, my instagram page and obviously on other forums in my signature.

Always put it on the social media that you choose to involve yourself with.
I have mine on threads.net as a pinned thing on my account.
I put it on my facebook page, my instagram page and obviously on other forums in my signature.

Threads.net? Never heard of it. Is it new?

Top Bottom