How do you manage cryptopayments on your forum?

Max Fridman

As title said, people more often than not request to pay with crypto nowadays, even with prices falling and relative market instability. Did you manage to find a cryptopayment gateway and use it with Xenforo?

And a as a side question which payment gateway do you use on your forum?

You can try my add-on, it's absolutely free to use, but has a commission of 1% when withdrawing :)

It's losing its popularity.
I've heard this somewhere before... Oh yeah, before bitcoin hit $60,000 after dropping to $3,000 :D
The advantage of cryptocurrency is not popularity, but the lack of control over your finances due to decentralization. The advantage of cryptocurrency is that applications can be built on it that will provide a new financial and legal structure of the world. And popularity is when people who do not understand anything buy cryptocurrency in order to earn money on it, and not use it for its intended purpose.

So I recommend everyone to save cryptocurrency right now, while the market is waiting for a new boom that will inevitably happen ;)
By the way, Ton is a very promising currency in terms of solving the problems of current blockchains (speed, scalability) and, perhaps, in the next few years it will become one of the leaders in terms of capitalization in this industry, as they are trying to make a convenient ecosystem

Last edited:
You can try my add-on, it's absolutely free :)
Not exactly...
The work of the add-on is tied to devsell.io crypto payment API service, for the use of which a fee is charged upon withdrawal in the amount of 1% of the withdrawal amount. Withdrawal is available directly from the control panel at any time. In addition, you can actually save yourself from paying a commission and pass it on to users, for which there is an option "Surcharge to invoice" in the add-on. Easy 😙

Reactions: 021
So I recommend everyone to save cryptocurrency right now, while the market is waiting for a new boom that will inevitably happen ;)
I would recommend everyone to get rid of their cryptocurrency just before the bubble bursts.:cautious:
R.5951819f4d2add0fd4c8dd310a5bee19

In my forums often people ask for pay with crypto (BTC, ETH, USDT) the "most stable" ones. I don't think is smart as a business leave them as crypto and you can use them if you just convert them in actual fiat currency right away (Euros or Dollars) is better.

I think as a business you need to offer your audience the most easy way to pay you, for example if we choose to ditch PayPal most of our users will stop to use our services (or we will create a big barrier of attrition to use them).

After PayPal cryptos are the 2nd requested payment method by our audience, that's why i'm here asking to forum owners what they do. @021 addon is quite nice but (aside from the 1% commission) is managed by a third party and without clear documentation i can't fully understand for how much time the payment gateway will work or if is stable enough to be used etc.

I guess its really difficult find a way to manage this kind of transactions (because of their risky nature there are a lack of payment gateways).

If I had a lot of users asking me for a crypto payment gateway, I'd look at 021's mod or a bespoke solution, but in the last half year, I've only had one inquiry on this issue. For such low volume, it's easy enough to just give the odd inquiry a wallet address to send coins and ask them to send you a PM or email with their transaction ID and you can manually add the forum upgrade from the ACP.

I meet lots of people who said to me they will become rich by investing in this crypto currency.

Personally it's a scam and would never invest any money in it. Do you have extra cash and you want to expand your portfolio?

Invest in physical gold, it's good to hold it when there's inflation. Also, while government can print these Fiat money, they can't print gold.

Crypto currency is something that is based on speculation and people's believes, it doesn't produce anything valuable or you don't own it. And I don't think it will be useful on my forum, unless my forum will fall in a drug or criminal scheme.

Crypto currency is something that is based on speculation and people's believes, it doesn't produce anything valuable or you don't own it
For most people, this is true, but only because no one of these understands how it works. If you use cryptocurrencies to get rich, naturally, sooner or later you will face a depreciation. But cryptocurrency is not designed to get rich. You won't complain that your car can't fly, will you? No, because it is not an airplane and it is not designed for flying, but was created for other purposes. So it is here: many do not understand what is behind cryptocurrencies and call it a scam, not understanding what they are talking about.

Let me help you understand some of its benefits.

1. Lack of a centralized oversight body.
It may seem pointless to those who live in a democratic country where the government and the banking system works on the side of the citizens, but in most countries of the world the situation is the opposite. Therefore, people have created an economy in which they cannot be controlled. And as we know from history, the economy becomes more successful when the state minimizes its intervention in it.
Even if my country were 100% democratic, I wouldn't want it to control my finances because of the simple principle "If I can't control your finances, you shouldn't control mine".

2. Blockchain technology allows you to securely store data and it guarantees that no one can replace it.
Through this, digital content ownership (NFT) has been realized and things like buying a house can be realized without having to go to a notary. Smart contracts have huge potential, which is limited only by your imagination.

3. Global accessibility: Cryptocurrencies can be accessed from anywhere in the world, as long as there is an internet connection. This global accessibility makes it easier for people to transact across borders without the need for intermediaries. It is very important when in your country, like mine, for example, there are restrictions on payment services like PayPal.

4. The speed and cheapness of transactions compared to the conventional banking system. Your transaction in the Bitcoin network will cost less and will reach faster than the same transaction through SWIFT. I do not want to pay from 2% to 5% for a transfer every time, when this commission can be avoided a long time ago.

5. Security: Cryptocurrencies use advanced encryption techniques to secure transactions and prevent fraud. This security feature makes it almost impossible for hackers to steal cryptocurrencies. What can not be said about banks where employees have access to your account.

Let's summarize:
If you use cryptocurrency as a way to get rich, you will be disappointed, as with any other tool used for other purposes. But if you use it for its intended purpose, namely as a currency, you will get a very powerful tool that greatly surpasses the standard banking system.

It is also worth mentioning that most people are disappointed in it because they came at the peak of popularity, bought it, the price dropped and they sold it, losing money. Once I did the same thing, until I realized that cryptocurrency is a long-term investment if you want to earn money on it, and not instant. It needs to be saved not when it is expensive, but when it has fallen. For example, if you bought a cryptocurrency in September 2020 for $100 and sold it in April 2021, you would have received $446 in income (556$ in total).
sep 2020.pngapr 2021.png

Inside from the developer: the growth of bitcoin is inevitable due to halving and the greatest decentralization. Having bought it now at any price, in 4 years it will cost at least 2 times more. Let me remind you that the current minimum of bitcoin is the maximum of 2017, which struck with its value.

And for those who are afraid of rate fluctuations when using cryptocurrency as a means of payment, stablecoins such as Tether, DAI and Binance USD have long been invented.

Of course, this technology, like any other, has disadvantages, but work on their elimination is being actively carried out and the entry of cryptocurrency as a regular means of payment for most people is only a matter of time.

I do understand how crypto works @021, (I've learned how money are created and everything related to it) is a block chain. However, me personally not interested in it or deal with it. These crypto are made by rich for poor people to keep poorer by thinking they will become rich if Elon Musk will invest couple of millions in it.

There is really little group of people who makes money from it, but for them to make money, someone has to loose money.

These are good if as you said you don't want to deal with banks, however I'm very skeptical about it, I compare them as Fiat money. These are good for criminals who doesn't want to be tracked by government, but still, I believe everything can be traceable nowadays.

Nothing is 100% secure @021, even the money I have in my bank, are legally owned by bank and the bank can do whatever they wish, even do gambling.

As I said, if someone can afford investment, they should either invest in properties, businesses or physical gold. You never can go wrong with physical gold.

There is really little group of people who makes money from it, but for them to make money, someone has to loose money.
This is not a feature of cryptocurrencies, this is how any economy works – someone loses, and someone wins by being in the right place at the right time.

These are good if as you said you don't want to deal with banks, however I'm very skeptical about it, I compare them as Fiat money. These are good for criminals who doesn't want to be tracked by government, but still, I believe everything can be traceable nowadays.
I do not quite understand what conclusion you made in your comparison. Comparing cryptocurrencies and Fiat, did you see advantages for crime only?) Crime existed before cryptocurrencies and will always exist, adapting to new realities and using new tools. The cash we are used to is much more difficult to trace and has been used to commit more crimes than we can count.

Nothing is 100% secure @021, even the money I have in my bank, are legally owned by bank and the bank can do whatever they wish, even do gambling.
Yes, nothing is 100% secure, which is why I added "almost" before "impossible". But we are quite capable of evaluating the level of security for accessing your funds. And for cryptocurrencies, this level is an order of magnitude higher, here you own the funds and the only way to steal them from you is to steal your keys, which are not only located exclusively on your computer, but can also be placed under additional protection. No one can gamble with your money)

As I said, if someone can afford investment, they should either invest in properties, businesses or physical gold. You never can go wrong with physical gold.
Again, this thread was created by the author to consider cryptocurrencies for their intended purpose, and not as a way to invest. As I mentioned, this is a really bad investment if you want to get rich. But a great tool if you want to be part of a free economy and really own your finances)

By the way, @Max Fridman, I also have add-ons that allow you to accept Bitcoin and Litecoin on your server without the participation of third parties)

We are never going to settle this here ;)

Biggest problem with crypto up to now is that 99,9% is being used to gamble trade instead of being used as real currency. Probably because it's WAY too volatile. Growing pains...

Invest in physical gold, ...

I have also told members of a forum I own that, in addition to crypto payments and checks sent via snail mail, I will gladly accept monster boxes of silver or gold coins. So far, no one has availed themselves of this opportunity. :(

5. Security: Cryptocurrencies use advanced encryption techniques to secure transactions and prevent fraud. This security feature makes it almost impossible for hackers to steal cryptocurrencies. What can not be said about banks where employees have access to your account.

Don't believe item 5 is correct. Here are several articles regarding cryptocurrency fraud losses.

Top Bottom