Do Not Monetize Your YouTube Account

Well as someone who uses Google Adsense on HTML websites, wordpress blogs, youtube, estores and social networking sites from the same account I have to disagree, it has nothing to do with using it on a different service than what the account was originally created for.
Cool.

If you use practically ANY traffic exchange, whether its free or paid you are breaking the rules for Google Adsense. The only approved methods of marketing are Google Adwords, social networking and forums, all others can get you banned.
Nah, only twitter, facebook, and reddit. Never paid for traffic as I never needed to. I get enough traffic as it is through organic referrals and my network of sites.

I'm partnered with a network so I really don't have to worry about any of this. I would look into networks if you wanna earn money on YouTube.

years ago when hosting cgi proxy sites was all the rage I made a few bucks from hits, then suddenly one day I had a huge jump in hits and like $75 or something, well even I smelled shenanigans. I forget what happened next but 4 years and many websites later i finally got my hands on 100 google bucks when some dumb video I posted on youtube made a profit.

My point is stop what you're doing now, wait like 4 years then bail with your cash when they least expect it

I randomly decided to link my YouTube account with Adsense only to realise a few days later (yesterday) that Google has Disabled my Adsense account due to 'Invalid Activity'. So I'm guessing it maybe because of the 2 accounts being linked? Though it still doesn't make sense.

I randomly decided to link my YouTube account with Adsense only to realise a few days later (yesterday) that Google has Disabled my Adsense account due to 'Invalid Activity'. So I'm guessing it maybe because of the 2 accounts being linked? Though it still doesn't make sense.
What happened to you is what happened to me. I also randomly decided to link one of YouTube accounts one day then about a week later I got disabled for "Invalid Activity". I ended up having to create a new account because they would not accept my appeal.

What happened to you is what happened to me. I also randomly decided to link one of YouTube accounts one day then about a week later I got disabled for "Invalid Activity". I ended up having to create a new account because they would not accept my appeal.
I don't even know what to write in the appeal form, because they don't give you any clue to where the problem lies within your site or youtube account. It's quite pathetic.

Why do they have the option to link accounts when they're just going to disable them. There must be a reason behind this.

I don't even know what to write in the appeal form, because they don't give you any clue to where the problem lies within your site or youtube account. It's quite pathetic.

Why do they have the option to link accounts when they're just going to disable them. There must be a reason behind this.
Well you did the right thing by inspecting your site to see what may have been the problem. When you do something like that, you write down in your appeal what you did to inspect your site then realized the only thing that had changed since you first got your account accepted into the Google Adsense account is that one day you randomly decided to link your YouTube account to your adsense account. You only had one video right? Or something like that. Just put that in the appeal. Hopefully they won't ignore you like they've done many others.

Of course, you can't really rule out the possibility that enabling AdSense on your YouTube account wasn't coincidental to a third-party abusing your ads, which is quite possible.

Well isn't it a better idea to have separate accounts?

Let's say my website uses google adsense, on one email account.

And my youtube channel could be a different email and username?

That way both accounts are separate?

Anyone know what rules are applied for a youtube partnership?

What happens if your video has a soundtrack that was in a movie? Does my video has to be deleted or the music has to be removed before youtube would give me a partnership?

If you already have a google adsense account for your website, do not monetize your YouTube account because it will become disabled for invalid click activity. If you have to, use another Google Adsense account. I've been reading about this everywhere after it happened to me and it's starting to look like a major problem Google does not care to fix. Even if you write an appeal stating that you had recently monetized your YouTube account, they won't care.

Have you sent an appeal?

Also, you can monetize eligible videos without associating an Adsense account.

As for the bold part, don't do it! It's against the Terms and Conditions to have duplicate accounts, and if found, both will be closed.

Anyone know what rules are applied for a youtube partnership?

What happens if your video has a soundtrack that was in a movie? Does my video has to be deleted or the music has to be removed before youtube would give me a partnership?

You must have rights to use the content commercially. So, unless you've secured rights to use that soundtrack (or use of it is royalty-free -- which you can prove), no, you can't monetize that video.

Edit: as to your first question, http://goo.gl/L5YBI

Have you sent an appeal?

As for the bold part, don't do it! It's against the Terms and Conditions to have duplicate accounts, and if found, both will be closed.
Against the AdSense Terms and Conditions, or more broadly Google's TOS? Because I wouldn't think that's a problem, considering they have a whole "switch accounts" thingy for people who use multiple Google Accounts.

Do not monetise your YouTube account because the adverts are *really* annoying.
Enough said.
You're going to get ads whether the account is monetized or not.

Have you sent an appeal?

I always use the appeals system.

Against the AdSense Terms and Conditions, or more broadly Google's TOS? Because I wouldn't think that's a problem, considering they have a whole "switch accounts" thingy for people who use multiple Google Accounts.

AdSense. Only one account per payee.

My account is just fine, have had it linked up to my youtube since they began letting non partners do it and even joined up with Machinima as a real youtube partner (all the benefits :3) and have still had no issue.

Top Bottom