Discord Integration

Discord Integration [Paid] 2.8.6

No permission to buy ($35.00)
The reverse of this is possible, with people making tickets on @Naz ticket add-on to Discord.

There was also an update that I believe was the start for bi-directional support for forum channels which may be able to do what you want in a future update, however that likely won't be until after 2.3 is released.

Reactions: Naz
Any chance we might be able to see some kind of integration between this and your Calendar addon at some point in the future @Naz, allowing for automatic creation and syncing between events on the Discord server and the Xenforo calendar? I've seen bots out there which can do this from a Google Calendar, so I have to assume it should be possible in the API.

Naz updated Discord Integration with a new update entry:

Version 2.8.4

• Add a per-server "Kick user if they are no longer in allowed user groups" flag.
  • Avoid duplicate key errors when archiving jobs.
  • Give up trying to trigger jobs if they have failed 3 or more times.
  • Properly clean up jobs that have failed.
  • Fix kicking a user not actually kicking them.
  • Fix old sync long entries not being pruned as expected.
  • When modifying the XenForo user-group to Discord role mappings, only trigger a re-sync for the affected server to avoid excessive...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hey Naz, are you planning on expanding the nodejs module to support syncing adding someone to a user group when assigned a role on discord?

Awe thanks. So if you're posting from the forum you'll never see the replies?? I'm new to Discord and trying to make sense of it all.
If you’re posting in the forum - this addon will show the new posts/threads ect on your discord server. But if you’re posting on Discord first, none of this Discord messages will automatically post on the forum. Hope that makes more sense!

I found another XF <> Discord integration?!?! Awesome!!!! Not sure why I didn't see this before as we purchased another authors take on it.

Need to go through 20 pages of posts to see if there is a "Turn off register faster with Discord" option while still using the add on to do all the other stuff that it can do!

I found another XF <> Discord integration?!?! Awesome!!!! Not sure why I didn't see this before as we purchased another authors take on it.

Need to go through 20 pages of posts to see if there is a "Turn off register faster with Discord" option while still using the add on to do all the other stuff that it can do!
I wish I had bought this one.

Okay so I ended up buying this one. Very slick and so far works great.

I have a couple questions.

Do you need to have the bots at the top of Roles?
Screen Shot 2024-01-22 at 6.07.44 PM.webp

Thanks

Last edited:
Sorry one more question.

Is it possible to have user register to my forum via this? I don't see a button and I have "Allow registration and logging in via Discord" checked.

Okay so I ended up buying this one. Very slick and so far works great.

I have a couple questions.

Do you need to have the bots at the top of Roles?
View attachment 297003

Thanks

Do you have it fully functioning?

I'm thinking of setting this one up this weekend but specifically want to make sure
  • Role sync works
  • Bot staying online in Discord works
  • Posting as the post works
  • Posting updates from Xenforo into a Discord channel works?

The other Discord integration app I purchased had the bot posting and thread announcements working but none of the other features worked correctly for me.

Do you have it fully functioning?

I'm thinking of setting this one up this weekend but specifically want to make sure
  • Role sync works
  • Bot staying online in Discord works
  • Posting as the post works
  • Posting updates from Xenforo into a Discord channel works?

The other Discord integration app I purchased had the bot posting and thread announcements working but none of the other features worked correctly for me.
Yes, mostly.
Role syncing works perfectly. Make sure your server roles are from highest to lowest.
Posting as the post? You mean Bot? Yes.
Posting from Xenforo works by node. Match you forums to channels.
I've also added a web app to xenforo and have been able to sync roles, channels, and usernames.

This requires adding
Code:
username="{$xf.visitor.username}"

The Bot staying online I've only just looked at and I have questions. The instructions I don't quite get.

Yes, mostly.
Role syncing works perfectly. Make sure your server roles are from highest to lowest.
Posting as the post? You mean Bot? Yes.
Posting from Xenforo works by node. Match you forums to channels.

Thanks for this. It's always good to see whether other people have got it to work before buying LOL I learned my lesson the hard way!!!!

I will not be using widgetbot. We actually all have the Discord app on our computers and phones so we are good there.

The Bot staying online I've only just looked at and I have questions. The instructions I don't quite get.

I think it requires something to be setup on your server that runs a continuous job (or a job ever X number of minutes) That keeps it online? I would love to get your feedback on it if you get it working as it's something that was really a bummer with the other Discord integration.

Thanks for this. It's always good to see whether other people have got it to work before buying LOL I learned my lesson the hard way!!!!

I will not be using widgetbot. We actually all have the Discord app on our computers and phones so we are good there.

I think it requires something to be setup on your server that runs a continuous job (or a job ever X number of minutes) That keeps it online? I would love to get your feedback on it if you get it working as it's something that was really a bummer with the other Discord integration.
I did get the other Discord integration working as well. It works okay, roles, posting, syncing, and Bot posting.

I may get a chance to tackle the Bot this weekend. I'll let you know how I make out.

I did get the other Discord integration working as well. It works okay, roles, posting, syncing, and Bot posting.

I may get a chance to tackle the Bot this weekend. I'll let you know how I make out.

Posting as Bot was a great feature, and the automatic node posting to discord channel was also great but the whole errors I got during the widget install (back when I thought I wanted that) was problematic and I never really tried role synching however this time around I think that is a great idea and one less thing to manage!

Top Bottom