Discord Integration 2.8.5

No permission to buy ($35.00)
Compatible XF 2.x versions
  1. 2.1
  2. 2.2
Additional requirements
A Discord server, XenForo 2.1.0+, PHP 7.2+
License
You may not redistribute the files in whole or in part. You may not rent, lease, loan, sub-license, sell, assign, pledge, transfer or otherwise dispose of the files in any form without prior consent.
Updates duration
Yearly renewal
Visible branding
No
This add-on is not affiliated with XenForo Ltd.

Discord Integration allows you to establish a connection and manage your Discord server from the comfort of the XenForo Admin Control Panel. This is a free upgrade if you already own an active license to the original Discord Integration.

Demo: Available here with auto-join, syncing, mirrored alerts and thread notifications enabled.

Features:
  • Allows for XenForo user groups to be synced with Discord server roles. Essentially this allows you to automate the giving and removing of Discord server roles based on the groups that a XenForo user is part of. Users can associate their Discord identities with their XenForo usernames to establish a sync.
  • Discord nicknames can also be updated to stay in sync with forum usernames.
  • New for XenForo 2.x: Allow the bot to show up as online and display a custom status message.
  • Manage your Discord instance from the ACP.
  • Allow your users to register and sign up via Discord.
  • Send alerts to connected users and channels via the ACP.
  • Automatically post links to threads from XenForo forums to defined Discord channels as soon as they're posted. The user who posted the thread, the thread title, a short snippet and a link to the thread are included in the message.
    • This is set on a per-forum basis allowing you to fine-tune what channels should get the notifications.
  • New for XenForo 2.x: Automatically post links to resources from XenForo Resource Manager to defined Discord channels as soon as they're posted. The user who posted the resource, the resource title, a short snippet and a link to the resource are included in the message.
    • This is set on a per-category basis allowing you to fine-tune what channels should get the notifications.
    • Resource updates will also be posted to the same channel.
  • Allow staff members with permission to 'promote' links to threads to Discord channels.
  • Allow users to receive watch notifications from forums and threads they specify (in addition to emails and alerts). They will receive these notifications privately from your configured bot. There are plans for future expansion with 1-to-1 communication with the bot.
  • New for XenForo 2.x: The bot can now send XenForo alerts and conversations straight to your Discord DMs. All types of alerts are supported out of the box with zero configuration required.
    • Users can opt-out of this behaviour by adjusting the appropriate setting within their Account Preferences area.
    • Admins can set the default behaviour in the XenForo options.
  • Support for Report Centre Essentials to add notifications for new open reports and when the total number of open reports reaches a certain threshold.
  • Support for Threadmarks Pro to send notifications when new threadmarks are created.
  • Support for Word Count Search to display word counts within new thread / post notifications.
  • Users can be automatically added to your server when they connect their Discord account.
    • Conversely, they can be kicked from your server when they disconnect their Discord account.
    • Users can also be kicked from your server when they are added to certain user groups.
Installation:
A detailed installation guide is located here.

Allowing the bot to appear online:
This is a slightly more advanced feature that you'll need to setup yourselves. Eventually, I hope to expand this part of the add-on but until then, a rough set of steps can be found here.
  • Screenshot_2018-07-04_at_00.03.06.webp
    Screenshot_2018-07-04_at_00.03.06.webp
    9.5 KB · Views: 5,559
  • 2018-09-27_20-44-39_chrome.webp
    2018-09-27_20-44-39_chrome.webp
    38.9 KB · Views: 4,942
  • Screenshot 2018-09-27 at 20.48.17.webp
    Screenshot 2018-09-27 at 20.48.17.webp
    59.1 KB · Views: 4,584
  • Screenshot 2018-09-27 at 20.48.29.webp
    Screenshot 2018-09-27 at 20.48.29.webp
    13 KB · Views: 4,326
  • Screenshot 2018-09-27 at 20.48.42.webp
    Screenshot 2018-09-27 at 20.48.42.webp
    13 KB · Views: 4,371
Author
Naz
Views
First release
Last update

Ratings

4.86 star(s) 28 ratings

More resources from Naz

• Tickets
    Tickets
    Full-fledged support system solution for XenForo 2.
  • Calendar
    Calendar
    Event management system for XenForo.
  • Gift Upgrades
    Gift Upgrades
    Allow users to gift user upgrades to each other.
  • Mirror Images
    Mirror Images
    Automatically convert hot linked images to attachments.
  • User Onboarding
    User Onboarding
    Onboard your users by having them complete tasks for profile completion.

Latest updates

1. Version 2.8.5

Use password field for bot token and client secret values in the admin panel. Add a per-server...
  2. Version 2.8.4

Add a per-server "Kick user if they are no longer in allowed user groups" flag. Avoid duplicate...
  3. Version 2.8.3

Harden function to get Discord server mapping. Fix group sync position tracking not being...

Latest reviews

Works as advertised. I had an issue that I couldn't solve for days. Reached out to the Author and was assisted within like 24 hours. The probelm was resolved within minutes (the issue was me not doing something correctly on my end) and boom, bob was my uncle!
I've been using this add-on for some months now, and it has been completely reliable and rather essential to the experience on both platforms. Better yet, I had the opportunity to sponsor development of specific feature functionality we desired, and NixFifty was an absolute pleasure to work with in terms of getting the capability implemented.

Particularly after encountering reliability and poor service experiences with another Discord integration add-on, I can't recommend this one highly enough.
With the threadmarks support has enabled notifying users of new content in ways which wasn't possible before, and the recent polish have greatly improved this add-on for large and busy sites.

The background sending queue has enabled this add-on to scale for even the busiest of sites, without getting in the way of normal site operations.

I recommend this add-on for anyone who is looking to improve discoverability of new content, and to enable linking discord communities with a forum hosting content of some description.
It was a great addon even before the refinements we requested, and now it is perfect for our use case.
This is probably the best add-on for Discord integration available on the Xenforo marketplace. Previously, I experienced an issue with syncing but the 2.7.0 update resolves it entirely. My members are happy and I am happy.
Thank you very much for this excellent add-on. It is helping us to expand our community and bringing users more features which isn't implemented in core system.
Fantastic addon! Works as expected, no sync issues, includes a NodeJS bot which does wonders. Pretty quick and easy to setup!
Pretty straight forward to to set up hadn't got a chance to start testing the roles yet just got my new site up and running on xenforo's new cloud service and support is on par as I didn't have to wait long for any help.
I knew nothing about Discord, never used it, but my members wanted a place to chat. Got this add-on and was up and running with an integrated discord server and in no time. Easy Peasy!!
Awesome bot, easy to setup, easy to customize. Better than the first one I tried. Would highly recommend this one.
Top Bottom