1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Design Forums (makeover)

Discussion in 'Forum Showcase and Critiques' started by Laurentius, Jan 9, 2012.

1. Laurentius

Laurentius Active Member

Hello, after all the critiques, I made some smaller changes to the website, this is the result:
    www.onlydesigned.com

Ps: It's not a web design forum;).

What do you think now? Better?

Ra, The Pet Board and Peggy like this.
  2. Morgain

Morgain Well-Known Member

Lovely - I got happily lost in all the white space.
    It's much clearer what the site is about.
    Your approach of making the site structure and design very subordinate to content is now clear and effective.

Laurentius likes this.
  3. Robbo

Robbo Well-Known Member

All that white actually strains my eyes. Needs subtle gradients or something...

4. Laurentius

Laurentius Active Member

No, gradients are not clean in my eyes, but thank you for your opinion!

5. Stevebullman

Stevebullman Active Member

Thats a really clever logo

6. Laurentius

Laurentius Active Member

Thank you!:)

7. mmoore5553

mmoore5553 Well-Known Member

curious what is your homepage made from ? I love the design but all the white does tend to hurt a tad after reading awhile.

8. iTuN3r

iTuN3r Well-Known Member

Xenporta .

mmoore5553 likes this.
  9. Laurentius

Laurentius Active Member

Yes Xenporta. I don't know what you mean when you think it's too much white? It must be really painful for you to google? I have noticed that some windows users using older screens or too much light tend to make the white shine bright!:)

10. Lisa

Lisa Well-Known Member

I like it. Clean and simple (if only it was something other than blue :D but that's a personal issue hehehe)

Laurentius likes this.
  11. Robert F Schmitz

Robert F Schmitz Well-Known Member

Enjoyed the site. I agree that gradients in my opinion wouldn't work but I also agree with replies that the white is a bit over time. Have you considered something just off of white, maybe with a slight warmish tint? Not much but something to cut the brightness just a bit. For a design site, more white space fits.

12. Laurentius

Laurentius Active Member

13. dojo

dojo Active Member

LOVE the minimalism in your design. maybe the logo is a bit too 'tall', but looks good anyway. You've made xenforo look pretty nice ;)

Laurentius likes this.
  14. Laurentius

Laurentius Active Member

Thank you very much!