[DBTech] DragonByte Shout [Pro]

[DBTech] DragonByte Shout [Pro] [Paid] 7.2.0

No permission to buy ($44.95)
DragonByte Tech updated [DBTech] DragonByte Shout [Pro] with a new update entry:

7.0.0 Gold

New Features:

(Pro) Chatroom Auto-Join Toggle
  • Admin created chatrooms have a toggle for whether they are automatically joinable
  • Chatrooms that are not auto-join appear in a new tab
  • Can be joined and left by permitted users similar to user-created chatrooms

Changed Features:
  • The Shoutbox no longer displays when the forum is closed

Bug Fixes:
  • An issue with the Detach functionality that...

Read the rest of this update entry...

DragonByte Tech updated [DBTech] DragonByte Shout [Pro] with a new update entry:

Changed Features:
  • Error messages that do not come from Overlays will now no longer change the AdminCP tab
  • AdminCP lists now use a smaller font size for a more compact look
  • Actions like "Repair Cache" that previously would redirect without any indication something had happened will now display a message on top of the page it lands on

Bug Fixes:
  • In certain scenarios it was possible for user group permission checking to not work...

Changed Features:
  • The naming convention for the AdminCP menu has been standardised to match the rest of DragonByte's XenForo products
  • The "Notifications" AdminCP menu entry has been renamed to clarify the fact that it refers to threads / posts
  • A few internal file/folder structures have changed to conform to XenForo's folder structures
  • Changed the internal structure a bit to reduce code duplication

Bug Fixes:
  • Workaround for...

New Features:

AdminCP Menu
  • A link to the options page for this mod is now included in the Admin Navigation

Instance Management
  • (Pro) Time Format (Old) - separate time format for shouts from the previous day

Changed Features:
  • The mod's options are now tabbed for easier browsing
  • A link to the options page for this mod is now included in the Admin Navigation

Just a quick question today, but is it possible to make it so that users can only post in the chat once they have made a certain amount of posts during that day?

Ah okay, could I maybe request this feature to e considered in the future? :)
I think it would be a good one as it motivates common chat users to contribute to the forums more
The only problem with that feature is performance; the timestamp in posts is not usually indexed (and indexing it will, to some degree, shift the problem onto inserting a new post instead) and as such it can have a large negative effect on performance if you have a large number of posts on your board.

The total posts don't suffer from this as this is already calculated and stored in the user record that XF has already fetched.

I'm not saying a blanket "no", just explaining why it's not something I'm totally comfortable adding at this time.

Fillip

The only problem with that feature is performance; the timestamp in posts is not usually indexed (and indexing it will, to some degree, shift the problem onto inserting a new post instead) and as such it can have a large negative effect on performance if you have a large number of posts on your board.

The total posts don't suffer from this as this is already calculated and stored in the user record that XF has already fetched.

I'm not saying a blanket "no", just explaining why it's not something I'm totally comfortable adding at this time.

Fillip
Ah okay, fair enough :)

Question, How do you delete a Shout? I am site owner and gave myself all access thought the Shouts would show a red X? I also didn't see any drop down links to moderate the Shouts unless I am missing something?

Question, How do you delete a Shout? I am site owner and gave myself all access thought the Shouts would show a red X? I also didn't see any drop down links to moderate the Shouts unless I am missing something?
Double-click the shout then hit the Delete button that appears :)

Alternative you can click the name of the user, and hit Delete Shout from the menu that appears :)

Fillip

Now here's a fun one, I clicked a link that I have posted from the Thread / Post Notifications and it didn't carry my logged in instance over to the post. I am using DragonByte Tech: Shout (Pro) 7.0.5

Odd, I was logged in before I clicked the Forum post link then got logged out! I clicked home and was still logged out. I then clicked sign in and got back in then everything's back to normal... Sorry it just caught me off guard. I normally go through everything or I at least try diagnose everything before I start complaining.

Top Bottom