[DBTech] DragonByte Shop

[DBTech] DragonByte Shop [Paid] 6.7.0

No permission to buy ($12.45)
If you can provide some kind of documentation, please do it, as I can't seem to find any ways to run the scheduled task manually and the lack of documentation makes it ever harder to understand. About Lottery Configuration it's the default one, I just added a few more prizes, and I tried also adding another lottery with all default prizes, all of them seem to never be drawn as it says: Prev. Draw: Never.

If you can provide some kind of documentation, please do it, as I can't seem to find any ways to run the scheduled task manually and the lack of documentation makes it ever harder to understand. About Lottery Configuration it's the default one, I just added a few more prizes, and I tried also adding another lottery with all default prizes, all of them seem to never be drawn as it says: Prev. Draw: Never.
Can you screenshot the whole of the lottery configuration?

Also, documentation wouldn't solve running the cron manually since that is a default XF2 feature. It's found under the Tools menu group -> Cron jobs.

Fillip

Ok so far we have a problem I guess, there's no cron entry for the lottery. There are entries for other functions related to the DragonByte Shop and Credit add-ons, but nothing related to the Lottery. Thanks for replying so fast btw.

So, assuming I never touched the cron jobs at all, do I have to manually add a new cron about lottery?

In the meantime, I added the missing cron (watching at the way other cron were working) and executed it with no errors. Still, on the Lottery tab, it says: Previous Draw: never. Could it be a caching issue or is it still not working you guess?

#UPDATE#

I changed the lottery time which was set to tomorrow to TODAY, run the cron again and this time it finally shown the Previous Lottery Draw Time as TODAY, so I guess it works now.

You might want to check that the cron is succesfully added when installing your add-on as for some reasons it happened on my side.

As you can see I don't like to bother when not needed, so I tried to find the solution on my own, sorry again it I took your time, I was just trying to catch your attention about a problem others might have.

Last edited:
Moving onto the next question: will you by any chance add some kind of notifications when someone wins or loses at the Lottery? Thanks.

Ok so far we have a problem I guess, there's no cron entry for the lottery. There are entries for other functions related to the DragonByte Shop and Credit add-ons, but nothing related to the Lottery. Thanks for replying so fast btw.

So, assuming I never touched the cron jobs at all, do I have to manually add a new cron about lottery?
Welp, shows how many people are using this feature, since apparently in the entire history of the XF2 version, this cron job has been missing :D

I've updated the download for v6.0.3. If you re-download it, then re-upload the files, you should be given an offer to upgrade to v6.0.3.1 which should resolve this issue.

Thanks!

Fillip

Is the Lottery NEXT DRAW DATE updating for you Filip? Because even tho it did succesfully got drawn, the next draw date hasn't been updated on my side. I set it as 1 Day in the field where we set the draw frequency.

Hope it helps to find and fix bugs.

Is the Lottery NEXT DRAW DATE updating for you Filip? Because even tho it did succesfully got drawn, the next draw date hasn't been updated on my side. I set it as 1 Day in the field where we set the draw frequency.

Hope it helps to find and fix bugs.
It may be possible that 1 day is too short a time. Can you try creating a new lottery and set it to weekly, just for testing purposes?

Fillip

Sure, thanks. This means I'll get back to you next week, right? XD Hope I'm not bothering too much.

I installed DB Shop & DB Credit. But now each user has 2 different currencies. I am confused how to set up the currency.

I would like to report that Transaction filters do not work in front-end (Example, you filter by selecting a username, but it still shows all transaction logs) while in the backend it takes approx 40 seconds to make a search and it only works for page 1. If you click "Next" or page 2 (3, 4 ecc) it still shows page 1, but filter works here.

Shall I submit my feature requests here or at your site? Because I noticed the one I submitted on your forum about adding new shop items was almost unseen and it hasn't been replied.

Shall I submit my feature requests here or at your site? Because I noticed the one I submitted on your forum about adding new shop items was almost unseen and it hasn't been replied.
Feature requests must be posted @ our site in order to be tracked. Feature requests usually don’t receive a reply, though that one will receive a reply as soon as I have time to review it properly :)

Fillip

DragonByte Tech updated [DBTech] DragonByte Shop with a new update entry:

Resource Guidelines Update

What is happening?
On the 11th of July 2018, XenForo published their Resource Guidelines aimed at ensuring performance & stability of XenForo modifications. At the moment, this product does not meet these standards, due to the fact that this product has been engineered to allow the core code to run on both XenForo 1 and XenForo 2.

As a result, I am beginning work on re-engineering this product to become a "native"...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Is it possible to set up a dragonbyte shop permissions (yes/no) item to be consumed after use? (and not after date expiration)

Example:

• A permission-group based item to let users change their username only once;

• A permission-group based item to let users stick only a thread and only once;

• A permission-group based item to let users have the "Reply" permission on a node they're usually denied this permission, but only for 1 reply.

Thank you.

A permission-group based item to let users change their username only once;
The Username Change item is not a permission item, so you can create a new Username Change item that is single use.

A permission-group based item to let users stick only a thread and only once;
The Sticky Thread item is not a permission item, so you can create a new Sticky Thread item that is single use.

A permission-group based item to let users have the "Reply" permission on a node they're usually denied this permission, but only for 1 reply.
This one, sadly, is a permission item and those cannot be single-use, sorry :(

Fillip

The Username Change item is not a permission item, so you can create a new Username Change item that is single use.

The Sticky Thread item is not a permission item, so you can create a new Sticky Thread item that is single use.

This one, sadly, is a permission item and those cannot be single-use, sorry :(

Fillip

Thank you.

I set "Username Change" as "Unique", but my test user was able to purchase this item again after changing its username. Is it normal?

Also, about the Sticky Thread item, does it only let a user start a thread as "Sticky" or can he also set a previously posted thread as "sticky"? Thanks.

I set "Username Change" as "Unique", but my test user was able to purchase this item again after changing its username. Is it normal?
Do you have it set to automatically discard after expiration? If the existing, consumed item does not still exist in the user's inventory, then yes it is normal for the Unique setting to behave this way.

Also, about the Sticky Thread item, does it only let a user start a thread as "Sticky" or can he also set a previously posted thread as "sticky"? Thanks.
Only an existing thread, the user will be asked to enter the thread ID.

Fillip

Top Bottom