[DBTech] DragonByte Shop

[DBTech] DragonByte Shop [Paid] 6.7.0

No permission to buy ($12.45)
DragonByte Tech updated [DBTech] DragonByte Shop with a new update entry:

6.1.0 Release Candidate 3

Update highlights

Welcome to the third Release Candidate version of DragonByte Shop v6.1.0 🎉

Version 6.1.0 represents a complete re-write of the product, making it more deeply integrated with XenForo 2.1, improving performance, and making bugfixes easier.

The Release Candidate label means that unless major bugs appear, the next version will be the Gold version.

Before we delve into the changes, let's get some things out of the way:
  • This version requires...

Read the rest of this update entry...

I enter the name of an existing user into the search. I do not change other search settings. The answer is "No records matched.".
I tried different existing names, the result is the same.

Last edited:
I enter the name of an existing user into the search. I do not change other search settings. The answer is "No records matched.".
I tried different existing names, the result is the same.
I'm unable to replicate this issue, so it's unlikely Shop is the reason.

When I installed the plugin version 6.1.0 rc1, the search worked. When I updated the plugin to version 6.1.0 rc2, I did not check the search. After upgrading to version 6.1.0 rc3, I checked the search that did not work. No other changes to the forum, I did not. The forum is installed on my local computer specifically for testing Your plugin.

On your website I wrote a request for a version 6.1.0 rc2 to technical support. I was asked to make such a query to the database::
ALTER TABLE xf_user MODIFY dbtech_shop_points DOUBLE NOT NULL DEFAULT '0'
Maybe it affected the work of the search?

I tried to disable Your plugin, user search works. After enabling the plugin, user search does not work.

Last edited:
On your website I wrote a request for a version 6.1.0 rc2 to technical support. I was asked to make such a query to the database::

Maybe it affected the work of the search?

I tried to disable Your plugin, user search works. After enabling the plugin, user search does not work.
No, that would not impact search in any way.

I am dreading over this change:
The "User shops" feature and surrounding item management in the front-end has been permanently removed from the add-on and will not be making a return.

Does this means that the users won't be able to add their items if they were allowed to previously? I am guessing, the front-end means the shop itself on the site in all its glory, and user shops feature and surrounding item management includes adding, editing items?

And therefore, all items are now to be added through the ACP?

Think about what could've happened if they added usergroup changing items in the front-end and you'll probably find the answer :)

Think about what could've happened if they added usergroup changing items in the front-end and you'll probably find the answer :)

That's assuming you know what people are using that feature for. To have the option to disable it makes sense, and it disabled as default. But to remove it entirely makes a lot of assumptions in what people would like to use that for.

In fact, I would've suggested to allow permission control for item creations; like x, y, z can be created by registered users, but a and b can only be created by admins.

Does this means that the users won't be able to add their items if they were allowed to previously?
In the past, users could add "Custom Item" items (items with no effect) in the front-end. Because of the change from Shops to Categories, and because users with permissions can now manage the full shop (e.g. add any item) via the front-end, the "User shops" feature no longer makes sense.

In other words, you should now only give this permission to staff members you trust, as they will be able to do anything you can do in the AdminCP.

But to remove it entirely makes a lot of assumptions in what people would like to use that for.
I made no assumptions about what people would like to use it for, but I did judge that keeping that feature was not worth the extra hassle when combined with the new item management features.

I would place a small wager to say that more people appreciate letting trusted staff members manage the shop without giving them admin permissions, than depended on the User Shops feature for their community.

In other words, you should now only give this permission to staff members you trust, as they will be able to do anything you can do in the AdminCP.

This is all I care about, so if I give usergroups permission to make an item or whatever, the still can? It is up to me as an admin to decide who gets these permissions? Is that assumption correct?

The reason I am asking this is because the Shop is not just used to sell items and featur

This is all I care about, so if I give usergroups permission to make an item or whatever, the still can? It is up to me as an admin to decide who gets these permissions? Is that assumption correct?

The reason I am asking this is because the Shop is not just used to sell items and featur
It is dangerous to add that permission since they can add any item to the shop, including items that can elevate their own permissions.

You could find the error associated with the problem of finding a user in the admin panel XF listed here? Do I need to open a ticket for this problem on Your website?

You could find the error associated with the problem of finding a user in the admin panel XF listed here? Do I need to open a ticket for this problem on Your website?
I still can't replicate the issue, sorry. I've tested this both on my computer as well as another website, and everyone else using this mod presumably has tested it as well as you are the only person who have reported this issue.

I still can't replicate the issue, sorry. I've tested this both on my computer as well as another website, and everyone else using this mod presumably has tested it as well as you are the only person who have reported this issue.
I think I found what might be the problem. If as an additional currency, set the standard points for trophies XF (in the currency settings specify the column "trophy_points" in the table "users"), the search for users stops working in the admin panel at this address (/admin.php?users/search). Try to reproduce the search issue this way.

Top Bottom