[DBTech] DragonByte Shop

[DBTech] DragonByte Shop [Paid] 6.0.4

No permission to buy ($12.45)
That feature is not supported in XenForo at this time, I will move the options to a debug-only group to get them out of the way for now.
Please do this if you think its possible and logical:
  • when we create an item related to UserGroup Permission, the system automatically Override that permission and set its permission to "Not Set (No)" for all UserGroups that have permission to purchase that item. This way we can easily add items related to permission and be sure that users that have access to purchase it will not have permission to use that permission until they purchase it, even if we gave them that permission before, manually from usergroup permission.
    • why? we have lots of add-ons. each of them have lots of permissions. We also have different user groups. Now, for each permission related item I should first go to each group's permissions and set that permission to Not-Set, then define an item and .... (but if you do that, then it will be a lot easier and we just will need to add item and that's it ;) No need to edit groups' permissions, no need to find those permissions in groups to make them as Not-Set and ... Just we define and item and it does rest of the things.)

Please do this if you think its possible and logical
Sorry, that's not going to be implemented because it would cause a major disruption to forums that don't configure their item permissions to explicitly match the usergroup permissions.

For instance, I would wager most forums would not bother setting Administrators to not be allowed to purchase items that override user group permissions, but you want admins to have all user group permissions. With this feature, you would be faced with a problem where admins can no longer perform certain actions for no apparent reason.

Even if we made this feature optional, so that you would have to say "are you sure you want to override user group permissions?", someone would click that button without fully realising what it would do, and then we would get bug reports about how adding an item caused all their staff members to be blocked from certain actions.

I realise it may be more work for you in your specific scenario, but I don't want to add any feature that could cause a severe disruption to the forum's operation.

Fillip

For instance, I would wager most forums would not bother setting Administrators to not be allowed to purchase items
Yes you are right about this. OK.

But:
we made this feature optional
I think it will be nice. Some option some where to let us do that. With just a clear description below this option you can let admins know what will this do.

And this will help people like me, a lot. The "Permissions Based Items" are so useful, but its really horrible to add lots of items related to permissions when you have lots of add-ons + different groups, where such option doesn't exist. (To be honest, until you add support of paygates + ability to sell physical products, I think I'm just going to add permissions based items. But the way that it is now, made it hard. By hard I don't mean its not easy, I mean it will take a lot more time and will cause some confusions too. And imagine one day we disable that item, what now will happen is that because we manually changed the permissions, then we should go back and change those permission for each group. But if you add that option, then when we disable a permission based item, the permissions of that item will back to its past status. So, everything will work neat and clean.)

I should point out that we have no plans of making this mod a physical items store. If we were to create such a mod, it would probably be a port of our DragonByte Classifieds mod. At the moment, that mod is still in heavy development for vBulletin, so it's not feasible to begin porting it at this time.

Fillip

In Username Style item type, buyer should use hex code. Please use xenforo's color picker instead of hex code fields of color and glow and shadow. Not all people know about hex codes and even those who know about it a little, are not so convenient each time to use it (you may say they can use online tools. Its not a good idea when there is a built in color picker tool in xenforo, we put fields and ask them to use hex codes and if they don't know, they can learn or use online tools to get their code. ;) )

Thanks

In Username Style item type, buyer should use hex code. Please use xenforo's color picker instead of hex code fields of color and glow and shadow. Not all people know about hex codes and even those who know about it a little, are not so convenient each time to use it (you may say they can use online tools. Its not a good idea when there is a built in color picker tool in xenforo, we put fields and ask them to use hex codes and if they don't know, they can learn or use online tools to get their code. ;) )

Thanks
Are you referring to the picker from the editor? That one's not very portable so I don't know if I can "export" it to this interface. Do you know if there's a colour picker anywhere else in XenForo I can look at?

I totally agree that it would be much better to have a colour picker than having to enter hex codes manually :)

Fillip

When i enable the postbit display to display a users bank balance, nothing is displayed in the postbit. The users credits display fine, and all other areas seem to work as intended to. Am i missing another setting somewhere?

Thanks

When i enable the postbit display to display a users bank balance, nothing is displayed in the postbit. The users credits display fine, and all other areas seem to work as intended to. Am i missing another setting somewhere?

Thanks
Does this also happen on a default (unmodified) skin?

Fillip

I just tested on default style, and yes, credits are there, and shop purchases are there, just not the bank balance.

This is from the default style.

Screen Shot 2016-10-13 at 19.49.32.webp Screen Shot 2016-10-13 at 19.50.09.webp

• When lottery ticket is bought, it doesn't refresh the page to let user see that his purchase it completed.
  • It seems from a time, users can't buy lottery ticket anymore. what is that time? Draw day? how it can be controlled?

• is there a way to limit users on how many tickets they can buy per lottery? (now it seems they can buy unlimited number of tickets per lottery)
  • now "Draw Frequency" is Day based. I wish it could be Hour based. So we could define some lotteries to be drawn each x hours.

Has 'Feature Item' been implemented as a sellable item?

Please add support for Bob's Showcase. Its one of the most popular addons on XF.
I would like to sell:
  1. posting a showcase item
  2. displaying showcase fields
  3. featuring a showcase item
I am hoping for the above, so I can buy this addon.

@DragonByte Tech Can you add a new item type that edits custom user fields? One that assigns a set value to a specific custom user field, and one that makes the value of the custom user field configurable?

I just tested on default style, and yes, credits are there, and shop purchases are there, just not the bank balance.
Can you double-check that you've not turned off the global points postbit display? That would usually happen if you have both Shop and Credits installed?

When lottery ticket is bought, it doesn't refresh the page to let user see that his purchase it completed.
Is there not the traditional grey banner letting users know the purchase was completed?

It seems from a time, users can't buy lottery ticket anymore. what is that time? Draw day? how it can be controlled?
You can only buy tickets so long as the lottery is not scheduled to be drawn, so it would be draw day yeah.

is there a way to limit users on how many tickets they can buy per lottery? (now it seems they can buy unlimited number of tickets per lottery)
There are no such limitation options at this time, I can add that to the list.

now "Draw Frequency" is Day based. I wish it could be Hour based. So we could define some lotteries to be drawn each x hours.
There's no options for hourly lotteries at this time, I can add it to the list :)

I am hoping for the above, so I can buy this addon.
I've been very busy with various updates and new products, I've not had a chance to add any of that yet, sorry.

EDIT: I just re-checked your request, are those not usergroup permissions? If so, you can already do that with the "Usergroup Permission" item type :)

@DragonByte Tech Can you add a new item type that edits custom user fields? One that assigns a set value to a specific custom user field, and one that makes the value of the custom user field configurable?
I can add it to the list :)

Fillip

EDIT: I just re-checked your request, are those not usergroup permissions? If so, you can already do that with the "Usergroup Permission" item type :)
No, this concerns one time actions, which is not supported by usergroup permissins. A usergroup can either do something or not. I need to sell:
- post new Showcase item. (pay for each new Showcase item)
- display showcase fields for items the user owns. (pay per Showcase item per X days)
- feature a showcase item (pay per Showcase item per X days)

This will allow us to make money from Showcase item owners.

No, this concerns one time actions, which is not supported by usergroup permissins. A usergroup can either do something or not. I need to sell:
- post new Showcase item. (pay for each new Showcase item)
- display showcase fields for items the user owns. (pay per Showcase item per X days)
- feature a showcase item (pay per Showcase item per X days)

This will allow us to make money from Showcase item owners.
To be honest, "Post New Showcase Item" seems more like a task for the Credits mod than the Shop mod, assuming I am now understanding your intention correctly.
I'm making the assumption that posting a new showcase item is kind of like posting a new thread, or adding a new resource to the XFRM, etc etc.

Can you elaborate on the "display showcase fields for items the user owns"? Maybe it would become obvious when I look into the mod, but just now I don't understand the meaning of this, sorry.

Fillip

Top Bottom